Kuiu Attacks/SG dehaviland pants and fit for lifters

pc3

WKR
Folks I need to buy a couple of pairs of pants for upcoming NZ hunt. Best is well behind me but I still regularly lift (powerlifting type program) and that means when I get a pant that fist my legs there too large around the waist. I also hate pants being tight around my legs.

I note Kuiu are going to have size 44 and 46 more n the attacks hopefully coming soon, will they be still tight in the quads ?

What is the SG dehaviland cut like ? They make a double XXL with there for funky adjustment belt/zip set up, is that durable? Will they be tight in the quads ? I have always worn a belt etc. so the concept seems strange.

None of this gear is Available and n Oz so have to buy on line from the US.,.and if it is the mark up is stupid, they just gouge us here.

Happy to hear peoples thoughts/advice

Cheers

I lift and have always had to size up kuiu pants to get enough thigh and seat room. their sizing has become slimmer in the last 5 years too. Somewhere on here I did a side by side of an older and newer pair.

Reactions: pc3
Im a lifter as well, Ill add this in case it might help someone since Kuiu is one of the most oddly sized brands out there. I much prefer Kuiu pants to any other Ive tried for hunting, and the Prana Zion the pant I wear the most otherwise.

The attacks fit looser in the legs than the Kutana. The Kutana fit looser in the waist than the Attacks...for me anyway - Ive heard it both ways on the kutana vs attack. But the fit of each works for me as I am more than likely not going to layer under the Kutanas, and they are the pant I would wear going through brush and Id not want a bunch of extra material on the legs. The attacks I wear pretty much the rest of the year once it gets in the 50s and layer as needed so Im fine with the extra room in the legs.

I wear a 34 in Prana Zions. I wear 36 Short in both Attack and Kutana. I could wear a 34 in the kutana waist, but the legs would be too snug. Sitka traverse and timberline I wear 34.

For reference Im 5'7 185-190, and it seems these are the mesurements that someone might need for it to help them with Kuiu sizing - my quads are 25" and calves 17.5.

sivart

WKR
I would also be curious how the SG fit compares to the attack pant.

THe attacks are my all time fav hunting pant. fit perfect. For reference, I'm also a lifter. 6'1, 200 lb w/ 34" waist. The 36 attack fits me perfect w/ a little room in the waist to layer if I have to.

OP
P

pc3

WKR
Well I could lose 1 to 2" around the waste I'm in the process of doing that so I don't have to carry extra "pudding" up the mountains in NZ !

I'm 5'11" 244 pounds 35" in quads 18" in calves...ugly blocky build (not like the atheltic types I see on you tube decked out in Kuiu in the Brooks Range):( , buying pants is a pain. I buy XXL in jackets to fit the top half and swim below my chest etc.

I am hoping the Kuiu attacks in the size 44" and 46" arrive soon...tempted to go with 46" as everyone says they run a size smaller.

Was easy buying attacks for my son...has the Giraffe/athletic build.....he tells me I have the "duggaboy" build....I tell him apples and trees (I was like him many moons ago) :D

Thanks for the help thus far folks

OP
P

pc3

WKR
How d FL guide corregute and foundary's fit ?

I'd prefer attacks as I have read so many good reports on them

OP
P

pc3

WKR
I managed to snag two pairs of Kuiu attacks in size 44…major brown and loden. I quite like both colours, I’ll report on the fit. The jeans Inwas wearing the day I got them was 42 (thought they were 44) so up one size should work, let’s see.

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
I usually run into the same problem with standard sized pants. I need a 32 waist but usually have to go with a 34 or 36 to get my thighs to fit. The stone glacier pants solved my problem with the adjustable waist system. I have to tighten the medium-large size all the way down but I have plenty of thigh room but still with a good tapered cut. Highly reccomend the pants to give a try. They’ve worked great for me so far

I usually run into the same problem with standard sized pants. I need a 32 waist but usually have to go with a 34 or 36 to get my thighs to fit. The stone glacier pants solved my problem with the adjustable waist system. I have to tighten the medium-large size all the way down but I have plenty of thigh room but still with a good tapered cut. Highly reccomend the pants to give a try. They’ve worked great for me so far

Which SG pants? Ive been wanting to try them out. I have been eyeing the 206, but not sure about the zips on the inside.

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
Which SG pants? Ive been wanting to try them out. I have been eyeing the 206, but not sure about the zips on the inside.
I like the dehav lite for end of September and October. The 206 I was also skeptical but I really like the fit on mine one of my favorite pants to wear. And they just released them in some cool new colors that caught my attention recently. The dehavilland lite is my go to for everything besides really warm temps I usually go with the outdoor research ferrosi

OP
P

pc3

WKR
The size 44’s arrives tonight a little room around the quads which I like…..perfect, a little bit to big in waste. Once Input a belt on it’s ok, if I went to the 42” The waste would be ok but I reckon it’d be a tad tight in the quads.

If wasn’t in Oz I’d like to try some 42’s but I’ll make do with the 44’s maybe I could get the waste taken in.

Wright406

WKR
I lift and have always had to size up kuiu pants to get enough thigh and seat room. their sizing has become slimmer in the last 5 years too. Somewhere on here I did a side by side of an older and newer pair.
Second this, in about 2018 they changed the crotch cut to being shorter which is NOT near as comfortable as they should be for athletes and hunting. I stayed away from Sitka for a while but now they are the only pants I use. Intercept for archery/mid season and the Timberline for rifle. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Old kuiu attack pants the fit was great! Anything newer as mentioned above the fit in the crotch and thigh is more tight and not the comfortable for me. Coming from a guy that’s. A 30 waist and 5’7”. I bought a pair of SG Dehavilland pants for color last season to try loved the fit and they worked great and just picked up A pair of lites at sheep show. I’ll probably be moving away from the attacks purely based on fit

As stated above, newer Attack pants I size up and then have the waist altered. Stone Glacier deHaviland Lite solves this with their adjustable waist. I still prefer Kuiu Attacks because of noise. I'd wear the SG pants on a rifle hunt in NZ for sure.

OP
P

pc3

WKR
Folks one thing I will say the attacks are comfortable…..I’ve never had material like this in a hunting pant (first mountain hunt) way comfier than Jeans etc.