Black Diamond Alpine Light Pant Provided by Sponsor Argali in progress field review

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am always looking for light durable gear especially for September. The country I hunt tears gear up if it is not tough and through the decades many a pair of pants that I thought would be sweet for early season lasted hours or a few days before becoming rags on my legs. Additionally, September makes you sweat and as I get older I sweat even more:)

I just received these pants and will be running them through the mountains the next two months to see what damage I can do and how they breath. First take they light as a pant can be, very stretchy, appear to be very durable for the weight they are, look to be highly breathable and run in the size I typically wear with most right at the Medium/Large so I am running a large in these as well. If they do well these could become my new September pant.

Weather looking good Sunday so will be my first report on how they do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
First day out with typical North Idaho weather wet and wetter, snow rain and fun outdoors:) Had a chance to slide and fall and stress the pants on round one no blemishes so far. One nice feature they have an adjustable metal tab built to take up slack on the pant if needed and as I am right at the mid range between medium/large this tab took up the slack nicely.

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The crappy weather finally left us...another 13 mile day in the brush county........so far three little snags, and no tears so they are faring nicely. Yesterday was a casual 3000 ft ascent day, some steep snowshoeing and a lot of brush beating....loving the lightweight and breathability factor to keep me cool...there is one cargo pocket with a lateral zip...works well but don't want anything to big in it banging on your knee but worked well for a snickers and radio...hopefully next round has some sheds with them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hammered some more serious brush miles and the pants are starting to show some wear:) one good tear and two small holes. this would be after approximately 100 miles of abuse in nasty brushy conditions and from many years of experience I have yet to find a pant that can hold up for very long, one reason I am always apprehensive about spending too much money on pants for this country especially ones that are light and breath well:(

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited: