Good Merino T-shirts???

young7.3

WKR
Looking to pick up a couple cheap merino tees for hiking this summer and to serve as base layers this fall. Anyone have recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmauch20

WKR
Black ovis is my favorite merino short sleeve shirt. If you watch camofire you can usually get them on sale. Regular price right now is around 44 bucks.

OP
young7.3

young7.3

WKR
Thanks for the replies. How is black ovis in the durability department?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Keep an eye on Sierra Trading Post, I've seen several decent brands on there before. I have some Red Ram and Icebreaker SS shirts. The Icebreaker/Cabela's branded shirts are the most comfortable merino shirts I've owned, but Cabela's stopped selling them.

Thanks for the replies. How is black ovis in the durability department?

Merino is not durable.

It can be made more durable by combining it with stronger fibers, (like Voormi does) but knit merino products are going to get holes if you bushwhack in them.

OP
young7.3

young7.3

WKR
Camofire has some black ovis tees and other items on sale today. Now my dilemma is what size to order? I'm 6'1 & 200lbs (athletic build). Any recommendations?

big44a4

WKR
Camofire has some black ovis tees and other items on sale today. Now my dilemma is what size to order? I'm 6'1 & 200lbs (athletic build). Any recommendations?

I wear L long sleeve @ 5’10 205. The merino will stretch some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a short sleeve shirt, merino hoodie and boxers from camofire.com this morning. I spoke with the folks at black ovis and they said i should be fine in a large. I am 5’10” 190lbs.

OP
young7.3

young7.3

WKR
Just ordered a short sleeve shirt, merino hoodie and boxers from camofire.com this morning. I spoke with the folks at black ovis and they said i should be fine in a large. I am 5’10” 190lbs.

Did you order Large in boxers too? They won't accept returns on undies so want to get it right.

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Did you order Large in boxers too? They won't accept returns on undies so want to get it right.

Yes. They recommended large on top and bottom. I have read that if you have thick legs to go up another size because the leg openings arent very stretchy to allow for thicker than normal legs.
I plan on wearing the hoodie over my base layer so they said order that in an XL since it is an athletic fit

mvmnts

WKR
I've had a couple smart wool 150 wt tees (and bottoms fwiw) for years and they still look like new. Huge fan of them in general.