WY Type 6 Questions

PredatorX

WKR
My head hurts a bit after trying to figure out WY regs at the last minute of course. Couple of questions that I cant seem to get figured out. Below are for NR.

1. On a type 6 first choice draw, will i lose my accumulated points?

2. Is it typical that a type 6 tag can potentially open up 2 weeks before the general season? I seem to find that it opens Oct 1st in many areas, while Oct 15th for the general tag.

My strategy is to basically cow hunt some areas that require a few pp to draw. This way when i draw i will be familiar with the area. I find it hard to believe though that i can get in there 2 weeks before the general season to get after cows, but maybe that is the case.

OP
PredatorX

PredatorX

WKR
Thank you sir. You are way more helpful then even the Wyoming regs!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
I thought you lost points on a first choice draw in Wyoming no matter the type of tag?

You thought wrong, type 6 and 7 are a separate application and there are no points involved with that draw.

Full price is its own draw and you lose points for drawing any of them as a first choice.

FlyGuy

WKR
Can you apply for a type 9 (like I already have) AND apply for a type 6 or 7 in the same season?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
Type 6 and 7 are considered additional tags and you can get them in addition to any other elk tag.