Non resident montana elk tag

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
As @Fowl Play stated above, the rules is the rules.

I called FWP today and asked outright. Say I have 3 PP and my two hunting partners have 0. Is there any way for us to submit a group application where they are able to add 1 PP apiece? The guy, Ryan, said no. It seems like an unintended oversight when they wrote the regulation/rule if you ask me. Hard to believe they are passing up easy $$.

Well that’s because no one can have 3 points right now. 3 points was 100 % draw last year and if you didn’t apply and had 2 points you should have lost your points….

Riplip

WKR
Well that’s because no one can have 3 points right now. 3 points was 100 % draw last year and if you didn’t apply and had 2 points you should have lost your points….

There will be plenty of applications with three points. Anyone hunting with an outfitter can purchase an additional preference point at time of application, so if you had one point last year you would have three going into draw this year.

The reason FWP said that the two point holders in the example could not buy another point was because the maximum preference points you can have in MT is 3.

fatlander

WKR
There’s always the possibility that last year 3+1 averaged 2, and that party didn’t draw. 3 is still 3, and doesn’t have to apply with 1 that now can be 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erict

WKR

Say I had 2 PP prior to the draw. I did a group application with another hunter with 0 PP. We both applied for a PP and went in to last year's draw with an average of "2.000". If not drawn, I have 3 PP and the other hunter has 1 PP headed in to this year.

Why not let the guy with 0 pts create the party, buy his point, then give the party number to his buddies w 3 pts?

Riplip

WKR
Why not let the guy with 0 pts, create the party, buy his point, then give the party number to his buddies w 3 pts?
Because each party has to create their own application and the system will not let the person with 3pts purchase another point. If the applications in a party differ in any way, the applications will be seperated into individual and unique applications.

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
Say I had 2 PP prior to the draw. I did a group application with another hunter with 0 PP. We both applied for a PP and went in to last year's draw with an average of "2.000". If not drawn, I have 3 PP and the other hunter has 1 PP headed in to this year.

You’re right!

sneaky

"DADDY"
that 17000 is just the combo tag don’t forget the 5000 deer only tags sold, college kids can buy a tag, they have those dumb come home to hunt tags, landowner sponsor tags, the plethora of doe tags this state gives out is absurd! What was it the year before last there was a total of 60 some thousand non res tags given…. You can shove that 17000 number where the sun don’t shine. Montana should up the non res prices they get to have a general tag free for all for the entire state hopefully that will be coming to rest soon and they have to put in for a hd to hunt. In the mean time Why not make money on them when they will pay it! You out of staters only shoot yourselves in the foot because you continue to pay every time a state raises the price! Good luck though in your future endeavors
Good to know you come from a long line of whiners it appears. NR aren't the problem, just like they aren't in ID either. A booming resident population is where your problems are coming from, but you're too nearsighted to see that.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I hunt whenever we get a good snowstorm or the opening weekend. I’m definitely not in competition with nonresident hunters. I was just saying most resident hunters only hunt weekends due to work. You have to remember 80% of the elk are killed every year by 10-20% of the hunters, read that again so you understand.
Actually it's 90% of the elk are killed by 10% of the hunters. Sucks when you can't even get a burn right doesn't it?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk