Left handed 338

So what's out there for a semi custom rifle in 338 for leftys. Would like to keep it under $2000. Thanks

You can get the Savage 110BA stealth for around $1500 in 338 lapua. Savage also makes a bunch of other 338 rifles, just depends on which one, and which caliber 338 Winn mag, 338 federal....

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

howl

WKR
Which .338 and what will you do with it? Does $2K include scope and mount?

Xxtavixx

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, you need to give us more to work with. Its like saying "looking for a vehicle with four cylinders and good tires".

What do you plan to do with it?
What attributes matter most to you in a rifle?
Are there any qualities you dislike in a rifle or prefer?

Most places will do anything you ask, so really you want to start trimming the fat off the question.

OP
akcharlie4
Sorry. 338 win mag. StAinless synthetic Hunting rifle for Alaska. 2000 without scope.

howl

WKR
Montana, SAKO, Ruger are the first three that come to mind. If Montana is making them these days, you can probably do one stop shopping with them. Might have to go otherwise and used, though. Rugers might be in their Ruger Compact Magnum instead of the Win. Mag.

I would consider that stainless rifles tend to have blued parts. Nowadays you can just have the whole thing nitrided, etc. I think if you figure an extra $800 for a fiberglass stock and metal treatment you can just shop the used market to get what you want; no problem. SAKO might be best.

hodgeman

WKR
A lefty .338 in stainless might be a tall order. Savage and Montana Rifle come to mind.

Just for discussion- you neither need stainless or a .338 for any AK hunt if you find a rifle you really like.

I doubt there are nearly that many option available in LEFT HANDED. Montana Rifle Company offers an X2 in stainless I believe. I've got a LH 300 WSM and had an action or two of theirs. Controlled round feed if that matters. Almost pulled the trigger on the exact rifle you are seeking. But they claimed a 6-8 week turn around. And there are rumors of that actually being 13 months. Though I cannot state that First Hand.

I have a LH Winchester 70 in 338 Win Mag. Great rifle. Not parting with it. And maybe the most rare of the no longer produced Winchester Lefties.

May be possible to get a LH Tikka T3 in .338, but I cannot say that for certain. Best bet would be a snag a LH action, barrel and order a stock and get exactly what you want. Would be pretty easy under $2K I think.

The 338 is kinda the Odd Duck in lefty. 7 Mag and 300 Win Mag are much more attainable. I did have good luck with a Wal Mart LH 7Mag in SPS LH. Snagged a Bell and Carslon stock for $271 and Rock On. 300 Win Mag are just as cheap and easy to find. Mine shoots very well after upgrading the stock and has rung steel out past 1100 yards. Budget Beater with no wait time. Just FYI

You can get a left hand Savage 16/116 FLCSS Weather Warrior in 7mag and 300 WinMag. The .338 really limits your options.

Get a Remington 700 action, new barrel and composite stock, you'll be pushing the $2000 mark a little. But you'll have exactly what you want.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

OP
akcharlie4
Thanks , I'm checking out mrc now. They look pretty nice. Does Sako make a stainless lefty the only guns I see for a lefty are blued with wood stock.

Xxtavixx

Lil-Rokslider
As maninthemaze has shown you, factory rifles do exist. I am lefty as well, so I keep my ear to ground on these things. You can find them if you are patient, or you can go custom using a custom action, or using a factory action such as savage or remington or browning. Going fyll custom will certainly test your $2000 limit. Even just using a factory action, it might be challenging to stay under $2000 and get high end products.

I've looked for years for the same thing but ended up getting into a different cartridge. The Browning LH SS 338's pop up fairly often on gunbroker, then there's the MRC's which look like sweet rifles. If the brownings or MRC's don't satisfy, you can always get a 7mag in the rifle you want then send the actioned barrel to JES Reboring to become a 338 win mag for less than $300 and about 2 weeks. People seem to really like his work.

I think ER Shaw offers semi custom rifles with Savage actions in many options. I chose to go with an
3005f3038fa5ca57132bf3d04dea04fb.jpg
MRC action for my left handed 338/375 Ruger. I love it, but I can't say that there is anything special about the MRC action. It took a lot of polishing inside and out to get it slicked up. You can buy just about any rifle, and sell the action and barrel and be much better off financially than buying an MRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
CDNN investments. Lefty 375 Ruger for $599. Stainless and laminate. No brainer to me. The 375 Ruger is a great round and for the savings, I'd buy. And I already built a lefty 9.3x62 for a lot of coin and am kicking myself for not following my own advice.

CDNN investments. Lefty 375 Ruger for $599. Stainless and laminate. No brainer to me. The 375 Ruger is a great round and for the savings, I'd buy. And I already built a lefty 9.3x62 for a lot of coin and am kicking myself for not following my own advice.

Funny you mention that, that 375 Ruger is the "different cartridge" I referenced above. At about 9 1/2 lbs scoped and loaded though, it's just a tad heavier than I would like. Maybe we can trade?? ;p