New Tikka T3x in 30-06

I just bought a new Tikka T3x blue, in 30-06. I won't be handloading but just wondering in advance, what hunting factory loads you have seen fly the best. Whitetail and elk rounds. I will try several to see what my gun likes, but just looking for some that you have good results with, to start with. Thanks.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running Nosler Trophy Grade 150 grain Partition in my Tikka T3 30.06 Hunter Stainless. Consistent grouping and not very expensive. One shot on a nice sized cow elk did the job. Took maybe a step and dropped.

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
Can't say about the T3x, but my T3 Hunter 7RM loves Federal Premium w/ Nosler Partition.

Eagle

WKR
My T3X loves Barnes TTSX factory loads. Cloverleafs at 100 for me with that load, I believe with 150 grain pills. Need to shoot some of the heavier bullets to figure out what to use for elk.

brushape

WKR
My T3X loves Barnes TTSX factory loads. Cloverleafs at 100 for me with that load, I believe with 150 grain pills. Need to shoot some of the heavier bullets to figure out what to use for elk.

I wouldn’t worry about heavier with the Barnes, lighter the better with those bad boys

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same rifle, except in stainless. It loves Barnes factory loaded 168gr TTSX. If I do my part, this rifle/load is consistently sub MOA. Dropped a cow elk with this combo a couple weeks ago.

robtattoo

WKR
The old federal blue box 150s are the most accurate thing mine's ever seen. Probably wouldn't take them for elk, but they've accounted for a literal ton of whitetail for me, over the years.

I actually use them as a 'litmus test' for every rifle I buy. If it won't shoot them well, solid chance it won't shoot anything well.

BigWoods

WKR
I had a t3 in 30-06 that really liked a diet of 165gr Federal Fusion. They held together nicely in game and were affordable.

my t3 superlite in 06 likes the 168 grain eld x precision hunter rounds.
shooting over a chrony they were fairly consistent as compared to others as well

Ive seen many tikkas shoot the cheap stuff as well as the expensive stuff, so don't hesitate to try the green or blue box stuff too!

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Reviving an old thread as I am in the same boat as the OP. Any changes of opinion or any other options since a year and a half ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider
My 30-06 T3 likes the 150gr federal blue box for shooting practice. It shoots the 150 gr TTSX even better for hunting. This year I'm trying the 175 gr VOR-TX LR factory ammo to get some more energy at longer distances with better BCs. They shoot well.

The only thing my Tikka hasn't liked is 165gr Partitions loaded by Federal.

robtattoo

WKR
My 30-06 T3 likes the 150gr federal blue box for shooting practice. It shoots the 150 gr TTSX even better for hunting. This year I'm trying the 175 gr VOR-TX LR factory ammo to get some more energy at longer distances with better BCs. They shoot well.

The only thing my Tikka hasn't liked is 165gr Partitions loaded by Federal.

Oddly, mine is exactly the same. I handload 165 partitions for mine, but I cannot get them any more accurate than factory TTSX.

every 30.06 Tikka T3 or T3x superlight I've shot or loaded for had multiple highly accurate loads from 150 gr to 180 gr Nosler-Berger-Barnes-Federal-Sierra - I think 7 in all

OAL "can" be the secret - rather than struggling with the "off the lands" B.S. simply seat bullets so they will just function in the Tikka magazine, try that OAL for accuracy

TwoTikkas

WKR
180 Hornady Spire point. Cheap. Priced for practice,and kill like nobody's business. 100 in a box like it should be too. Bout $27 a box at Midway I believe.