Lightweight Camp/River Shoes

Poser

WKR
I actually saw these suggested on a Bikepacking forum. They are $9.99 on Amazon so I ordered a pair. 10.5 oz for size 13. They feel like nothing on your feet. They are very light, but not necessarily so compact like a pair of 5 Finger shoes. They do seem like they would reshape well if you smashed them in the bottom of your pack. They are made from a foam material (even though they look rubber) that doesn't hold water so they would make fine river crossing shoes. I've never carried camp shoes in the past, but I'd consider it on short trips if I knew I had river crossings. I got them primarily for paddle boarding actually, but I know a lot of folks like to carry a camp shoe.

Amazon.com | Hounds Men's Ultralite Shoes Black with Black Size 12-13 | Walking

0d1c0426b53ee0b952feddadcf63a6de.jpg

OP
P

Poser

WKR
I wish these came in larger sizes. I wear a 15 shoe, and doubt I'd be able to squeeze into the 13.

With a size 15 shoe, I'm guessing this is a statement you make frequently in life
That's tough. With my toes all the way forward, I can get one finger behind my heel. I don't think you'll fit.

Yeah, These are great. I saved almost 6 oz over a pair of Crocs and they are more secure for river crossings.

My hunting partner just got a pair too so we can look like matching brokeback buddies in our elk camp.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Yeah, These are great. I saved almost 6 oz over a pair of Crocs and they are more secure for river crossings.

My hunting partner just got a pair too so we can look like matching brokeback buddies in our elk camp.

Yeah, they do stay on pretty snug once you get your feet in them. As far as matching, all you guys need are matching cargo shorts and T shirts from any random Oyster house or crab shack.

We already have matching planet Hollywood and hard rock shirts, will those do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I just hang them on the outside of my pack . They move around a little but not enough to even know they are there. Always easy to get to.

colonel00

WKR
I like mine too though I haven't used them much. Forgot to take them on the packraft trip :/

EastMT

WKR
I looked all over for light shoes trying to stay under the 50lb pack for a flight. I stumbled on these last month. When I saw some prices of other light shoes I jumped on these.

colonel00

WKR
I'll also add that one thing I really like is although I usually wear a 10.5-11, I could only get the 12/13 size of these shoes. However, with socks on, I can slip them on easily without having to bend over or fight then and then they stay on. It's just one of those little things where I hate having to fight "comfy" shoes when I'm tired or in the middle of the night.

boom

WKR
SWEET!! i need those for pack fishing..i hate risking u-boating my boots.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Now, just so we are clear: no one has permission to wear these out on the town, unless of course you are purposefully trying to expel the fairer sex

Now, just so we are clear: no one has permission to wear these out on the town, unless of course you are purposefully trying to expel the fairer sex

My wife says they look like the weird slipper-sneaker things that euro trash guys wear.

colonel00

WKR
Seen those Vivo shoes before but for as little as I use shoes like this, the $85 was a bit too steep.

Ironman8

WKR
How is sizing on this? Looks like reviews are saying they run really big. And then one says that they will shrink several sizes if left in a hot car.

Im a 10.5, so not sure if 8-9 would fit. Are they not making 10-11 anymore?

OP
P

Poser

WKR
How is sizing on this? Looks like reviews are saying they run really big. And then one says that they will shrink several sizes if left in a hot car.

Im a 10.5, so not sure if 8-9 would fit. Are they not making 10-11 anymore?

I usually wear a 13. I ordered "12/13" and they fit fine. I have 1 finger worth of extra space.