Kill kit assessment

Gumbo

WKR
I would ditch the carabiner and strobes (my Caribou bags have reflective tabs which is presumably why you want the strobes). Stuff some flagging in a sandwich baggie with your gloves. Use one of the BOMB bags for your kit instead of the pullout. I take one contractor bag but never use it, although I butcher bone-in and work each quarter into a bag as I am skinning/removing it from the carcass. I would take several more blades if you are using the standard havalon poultry-style blades, I break a lot of them and they dull quickly, plus they weigh nothing, better safe than sorry.

For what it's worth, my kit weighs probably 2.5 pounds because I bring 4 quarter Caribou bags (two big, two smaller), one meat bag, and use a fifth very small bag to carry the kit in and put loins in it.

Randle

WKR
I cut 20 ft of feet of flagging off the roll , marked the lead end with a sharpy , folded it accordion like , then vacuum sealed in a small piece of seal bag. To use it, just make a small slit to grab the lead end out, pull out what you need. It works great and is flat and Takes up no room at all.

Bl704

WKR
I'd drop: the carabiner (not sure what can't be done with cordage; strobes (gps reason given earlier); 1-3 pair gloves (depends on season-early and you got to get meat out you can restock on the way back in/leave spares in truck-lose 3 pair in this scenario; late season lose 1 pair-assuming you both get an animal and each need a pair)

Flagging tape could be reflective...

Owenst7

WKR
Been looking at and weighing gear for a mock load test. Noticed my Kill Kit weighs 1# 15oz. On paper, seems a little heavy to me. Kit will be used by me and a partner during archery elk this Sept.

Kifaru med pullout
Tag BOMB bags
2-contractor bags
2-25' pieces 550 cord
1-aluminum carabiner
2-pelican strobes
Roll flagging tape
Havalon with 4 extra blades
5 pair nitrile gloves

Can't really see anything I don't need or won't use.

Could drop a couple of pair of gloves, strobes, and carabiner but keep thinking I see a use for them in the field.

Give me some experienced opinions to help ease my pre-season GIF moment.

Here's mine:
ziplock
Black Ovis L bags
Lawson Reflective Bear Bag line @ 1.7 oz/50' (use this instead of flagging also)
Havalon with 4 extra blades
2 pair nitrile gloves
I'll steal my ground cloth from my sleep system if I need to. If I can't rinse/clean it, I'll just take my chances without it for a night.

My kit is 14 ounces. I could drop the cord and just steal a guy line or two off my tarp shelter if I need it.

What do you use the carabiner for? I can't think of anything I'd use it for that I couldn't do easily with a knot. I feel like I'd rather carry an extra hank of cord for the weight. Nite Ize makes some plastic 'biners that look pretty durable for their weight.