Rambo Electric bikes

DEHusker

WKR
Hey all-
Have been looking at these lately to add to the arsenal for fun, scouting, hunting, etc. Anybody have one or use one? Any feedback on them? Also, are they legal to use wherever bikes are legal to use? I live in Colorado and can't really find any specific info on electric bikes in general.

Thanks,

DEH

CorbLand

WKR
You can use them anywhere you can use a motorized vehicle is my understanding. If that is the case they don't make much sense to me. At that point you might as well buy a motor bike. They cost the same and the motor bike would be more fun.

Poser

WKR
Doesn't seem like you are going to be able to use it in enough settings to justify the expense. You can't use them anywhere non-motorized vehicles are prohibited, so basically you are limited to FS roads and ORV trails. You can't even ride one on the paved river trail bike path that runs through Durango.

E-bikes are kind of the "crossbows" of cycling. They may become accepted eventually, but cyclists don't seem to want to share the trails with them, nor do other user groups for that matter. Cross country skiers hate fat bikes because they rut out the trails. Equestrians hate bikes in general because they spook horses. Hikers don't like to almost get run over on trials. Put a motor on a fat bike and everyone hates you. They do make good commuter bikes, though. They may even qualify for a tax credit??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
DEHusker

DEHusker

WKR
Doesn't seem like you are going to be able to use it in enough settings to justify the expense. You can't use them anywhere non-motorized vehicles are prohibited, so basically you are limited to FS roads and ORV trails. You can't even ride one on the paved river trail bike path that runs through Durango.

E-bikes are kind of the "crossbows" of cycling. They may become accepted eventually, but cyclists don't seem to want to share the trails with them, nor do other user groups for that matter. Cross country skiers hate fat bikes because they rut out the trails. Equestrians hate bikes in general because they spook horses. Hikers don't like to almost get run over on trials. Put a motor on a fat bike and everyone hates you. They do make good commuter bikes, though. They may even qualify for a tax credit??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Very funny....

I was thinking that in a motorized area (or an area that allowed bike travel - not necessarily motorized) they might be a good way to get to different areas to scout/hunt faster. They can definitely go more places that an ATV as you can get on singletrack with them and trails open to "mountain biking." I'll have to continue to research. Thanks for the insight.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
/laugh wait till you finds the Felt Outfitter bike... I was like you wanting one badly but at 5500$ as poser said hard to justify that for a few times a year where I may or may not be able to use it.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
They're treated the same as a dirt bike everywhere I've seen. I'd have a hard time putting them to any decent use hunting personally.