Leaving Trail Cameras over the Summer

Suggest putting your cameras up higher, looking down. Most people do not look up. Rubber door stops help angle the camera or you can use broken sticks. Home Depots carry them really cheap.

View attachment 678992
I use these as the elk and bears a PITA in my area if left low and not in a case.

I don't put the fuzzy slipper on the cam and I use a wing nut instead of a plain nut, makes it easier to adjust.

I take one section of my 30" tree stand steps to get the height and use a red laser to point where I want the camera to go. May sure you aim it down a trail and not across or at a 45deg angle.

If you so use this method, make sure you have snips for clearing the viewing area and remember that plants etc. will be growing all summer, so make sure you clip as close to the ground and as high to ensure that leaves, branches and cones down come down in front of the camera, nothing worse than coming to check the camera and have dead batteries and 1000 pictures of leaves, branches, grasses.

A trick I use, but might not be feasible for you, is I pile old branches, logs and other crap around the base of the tree to deter the persistent elk or bear. I don't have to worry too much about people finding my cams, so I use this and it does work, especially for bears. And I don't have to worry about snow in May.

Cheers

SS