New Dog For Family and Hunting

I let my dog go last December, and this thread is what led me down the path to adding a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon in about 7 weeks.
You won't regret it. WPG are awesome. Here is our bearded one.
1de85e60fa3b33bf94f5bd8a9c0ef819.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses guys. The Griffon looks like a great option. The one big thing my wife said is the next dog can't shed as much as a lab!

I have owned several GWPs and one of the greatest things about them, aside from their amazing personalities, and their usefulness in multiple hunting tasks is they just don’t lose much hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellsdw

WKR
I would recommend a Collie for your situation. Great family dogs. (kid herders) As long as you dont mind grooming Weekly, kinda water shy, very Gun shy (and bow shy), barks alot, doesnt shed inside as long as she stays outside, and will only retreive a ball 3-4 times then i would say they are perfect sport dogs. Actually on second thought go with a Griff.

Sorry i was trying to add humor to this thread

How are WPGs energy wise in the house?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I had a Brittany before him. I also have a 1 yr old lab. I'd say he is right in the middle. He is still a pup and loves to play, but he does calm down pretty quick. I also love the fact that he isn't too emotionally needy like my lab is.

I don't know where you are located but we got ours from Snake River griffons. They are fantastic.