Hilleberg Tents

Lots of Hilleberg Tents on the classifieds. Coincidence, or are they not what they are cracked up to be? Just curious.
In the market.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I love my Hillebergs. Prob just not what suits their needs. I think there are a ton of gear junkies on here that just keep testing gear and like to try new stuff.

AXEL

WKR
I have owned/used many high end mountain tents since the '60s, all over BC and some of AB. I consider Hillebergs to be THE BEST tents I have had and wont buy anything else.

I have two now, sold two others and am considering an Allak, or perhaps an Atlas.

I consider a Hille to be the best option if you can only have one serious mountain shelter.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm selling my Soulo to get a Niak. Want to gain a little room and cut a little weight. With a tarp and stove now I won't need the 4 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AXEL

WKR
I simply love my NIAK, am taking it to the Kootenays, next week and will probably use it into November and it SNOWS here. But, when camping in timber, out of major winds, I expect it will do just fine.

brocksw

WKR
Gear junkie here... I do a lot of buy it, try it, sell it after a year and try something else.

They're everything they're cracked up to be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Love my akto. Perfect little tent especially in nasty weather. Worth every penny.

But, it serves the purpose of adequate or better light weight compact shelter that will withstand nasty weather. I won't be getting rid of it, and in fact may be adding a larger Hilleberg to my neighborhood.