New to Muzzleloader Hunting

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I've recently decided to make the move to the world of muzzleloader hunting. My first step through research and reading everything in this forum was to purchase a Knight Ultralite Western (I live in WA.). Next steps will be to add a peep and new front sights like those sabotloader used. I've already purchased Weaver scope bases and Luepold QRW rings for mounting a scope for load work. My first of a long list of questions is (1) Which width and height Williams ramp and Firesite site do I need ? (2) Will these interfere with my using a scope during load development (medium height bases)? This forum and its members have already been a big help and I've only just got started.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Welcome to the muzzleloader world! It's kind of addicting and a lot of fun. I personally think a lot of guy's are missing out. I can't answer any of your questions... I use the standard fiber optic sites on my muzzleloaders. Sabotloader should be along soon though...:cool:

elkguide

WKR
Welcome to the forum and to the world of muzzleloading. I too can't answer any of your questions as I live and hunt in areas that allow the use of scopes and closed breach muzzleloaders. I do have quick release scope mounts on all of my muzzleloaders and have never had any issues with the open sights that are on many of my muzzleloaders. If I were relegated to open sights only, I would opt for a rear peep with a fiber optic front ramp sight. I would have a green front bead as that is what my eyes pick up easiest.

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Been mulling it over for awhile. Daughters boyfriend said I won't believe how much fun and rewarding it is. After reading everyone's posts , I can't wait .

Perfect timing as I am getting ready to upgrade to sabotloaders setup as well. In the last 5 years of hunting muzzy above timberline, I have broken my front sight 2 times, and this year it almost cost me my buck. Both times I was unaware of the issue until almost too late. It is high time to improve my sight picture with the ghost ring and protect that front sight post from the shale rock with cheap insurance. Wise of you to do it right from the beginning.

I've recently decided to make the move to the world of muzzleloader hunting. My first step through research and reading everything in this forum was to purchase a Knight Ultralite Western (I live in WA.). Next steps will be to add a peep and new front sights like those sabotloader used. I've already purchased Weaver scope bases and Luepold QRW rings for mounting a scope for load work. My first of a long list of questions is (1) Which width and height Williams ramp and Firesite site do I need ? (2) Will these interfere with my using a scope during load development (medium height bases)? This forum and its members have already been a big help and I've only just got started.

Front_Sight_set_up.jpg

List of parts that I use...

Williams Front Sight Combinations

Two screws for the ramp... These are from Brownells

p_962020097_1.jpg

962-020-097WB
Streamlined Ramp 3/16" Screw-on
Mfr Part: 1690

I believe Williams says a .375N front sight for this application - I prefer a .343N as it fit closer to center under a fires sight hood.

p_962564320_1.jpg

962-564-360WB
Red Fire Sight fits 375N
Mfr Part: 56436

962-000-016WB
Fire Sight Hood
Mfr Part: 70031

NECG_Weaver_Peep.jpg

Brownells

NECG Peep

PEEP SIGHT | Brownells

Warne Bases W826/826B

947-000-166WB
Maxima 2-Piece Base Knight Disc Matte
Mfr Part: M826826M

Then with Warne QD rings (medium height) the scope drops right on...

IMG_1221.jpg

Grambo - remember you will not be abler to use BH-209 as during the ML season you have to use cap ignition. I really prefer the #11 Mag cap or better yet the RWS 1075 plus cap...

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks sabotloader your info is greatly appreciated . This will help me get to the range faster ,learn and map out the rifle. I gotta lot to learn.😄

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Shorthair0 your right . People willing to share their info to help you do things right and safe is great.