Vortex tripods

I havnt done much glassing BUT am broadening my horizons for next season and hunting some different terrain were it may be beneficial to glass more. I plan to use the usual vortex 10 x binos and was probably just gonna buy a tripod from Vortex since I get discount with them. I rarely if ever hear their tripods mentioned on here and would like some opinions since I've never really used a tripod. Thanks

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I've got three from them. First one I bought was the High Country. Pretty much garbage, don't even bother. Barely steady enough for binos, and it's a bit of personal preference because I prefer pan heads, but I hate the ball head.

I also have the summit SS-p. Fantastic lightweight tripod, it's the one I keep I my pack. Great for binos and a 50mm razor spotter, would probably be good for a 65mm scope, but the 80 class ones might be a bit much. It's pretty much a sitting height tripod, which is fine by me. The pan head is decent, nothing spectacular but worth the weight savings over something heavier but smoother.

Last is the Pro GT. Came free with the aforementioned 50mm razor spotting scope. It's big, and heavy, but sturdy. I'll probably never use it, I wouldn't want to carry it in the woods. The pan head is pretty nice, smoother than the one on the Summit, but bigger and heavier, so I won't bother swapping it out.

I'm super happy with the summit ss-p and would definitely recommend going with that one.

I’ve got one of the SS models and I really like it. I use my 10x42 binos on it and even shoot my rifles off of it. I can stand and use it as well.

TauPhi111

WKR
I'll second the SS-P. It's their lightest one I believe and it collapses night and short. Holds my 10x42 binos no problem with the adapter

AndyB

WKR
I have the SSP with an outdoorsmans panhead, I like it but have been wondering how much less vibration from knocks I would get with a carbon tripod, xc525c or similar. I'm 5'8 and it is a little too short to glass from standing up with my 15x's without crouching. Its packability and weight are about as good as it gets I think.

The SS-P should be sufficient for you. I ran one for a while but when I went from a 50mm spotter to a 65mm the tripod struggled mightily with it. If you’re staying below 45 ounces in optics you should be fine with an SS-P.

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
i apologize in advance for unearthing an old thread but I just got a summit ss-p for my birthday and I am hesitant to shoot my 300WM off of it. Any of y'all have experience shooting off of this tripod? Does it hold up or is it just an emergency option?