Buying used Leica bino’s

golfbum

WKR
Looking hard at a USED (great condition) pair of Leica Non HD Trinovid Binoculars. My only hesitation is I have heard the warranty is not transferred and that Leica can be tough to work with if something does happen.

Would you stay clear even if I’m great shape because of this?

I also would be spending about the same as I would to buy NEW Trinovid HD with warranty (have read the older ones are better glass), what would you do???

Lastly I can pick up A brand new set of Razors for a couple hundred less then either of the above glass, I know it is probably not in the same category but for the savings is it worth it?

I have looked through the razors and Trinovid HDs and like them both with the edge going to the Trinovids.

dotman

WKR
I haven’t had to deal with them on used binos but in my dealings with them recently their customer service has been outstanding. Read Doug’s cameralandny Shot Show report he discusses Leica customer service and what they have done and are doing to improve this. You may want to email or call Leica directly to ask about the transfer of warranty.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Thanks guys!

Anyone know where the SN would be located on the 12-15’ Trinovid’s? Seller can’t find the number and when I talked to Leica they said if the SN could be verified and registered to me they would be covered.....

dotman

WKR
I forget, lol but Leica should be able to tell you where it is on a specific model. I’m still waiting on them to send me a new replacement.