Slim’s (Jimmy Tippetts) annual live AZ deer hunt!

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Interesting fact is cattle need water to process thier grazing grasses so if those cattle are feeding there is water somewhere over there. When water is limited cattle will limit thier grazing so they use less water.
Are you moving to plan B or just picking up resupplies at base camp?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Plan D hahaha. Check last post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Best dam water I’ve ever tasted hahaha
8f90547e1d13a6980b6e0a7927f80e3b.jpg

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I think I have these guys figured out. I was 2 basins to the east from the water. Which is only a hop, skip, and jump for them but only a couple were coming close to where I was. The 2 does that I seen on the far ridge feeding were at the top of the basin straight up from the mine. My game plan is to set up close to water in the morning with a good vantage. Then work my way up to a higher vantage later in the day to try and spot them in the upper part of the basin in their beds or up rutting. We’ll see if it works🤞

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Friggin mice chewed through my Kifaru meat baggie! I had my food in there. Oh crap! It was inside my tent. Better check to see if they chewed through my ⛺
e78e2bf8dc028909abf5b802da0e6d29.jpg

MIKEYB

WKR
Those Deer are in trouble now! Ladies and water you are getting warm.

no mouse traps for base camp?

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
no mouse traps for base camp?

No but you’d think I would after enough years of them hopping around in my tent. When I was elk hunting in Idaho this year, I slept on my canvas cutter on the ground inside my tent and every night them friggin mice would hop right in front of my face to get the food on the ground.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Oh no! My wife is reading this! There were never any mice dear (She’ll be going next year if she draws rifle)

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
My thoughts on these boots so far. They are OK. Comfort is there but the tongue is pissing me off. I want to cut them! The tongue is sewn in so you have to slip into them and if you aren’t in a tent where you can stand up, forget putting them on unless you have a shoe horn. Just thought I’d rant since I’ve got a minute

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no! My wife is reading this! There were never any mice dear (She’ll be going next year if she draws rifle)

She probably knows!🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
On a positive note, the Kifaru Fulcrum pack is the shizzle! It is absolutely perfect for how I hunt. The zippers, accessibility, day pack to full pack (haven’t packed an animal with it yet). I love how the weight is distributed. Not to far out from your back, not to high (I hate getting hung up on brush and trees). All the compression straps make it very versatile. So far so good

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
These deer are not going to kill them selves so I’m heading back out!

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you on that one. The others I’m not so sure about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro