Huge non-typical

A friend of a friend just arrowed this huge nontypical in Missouri. He says that he thinks it's going to be a state record. I just had to post it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415333469.898947.jpg

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
Friend of a fruend huh? Sorry to break it to you thats a pen raised deer. Look at the color of his antlers he hasnt even rubbed anything. Cayse there was nothing to rub inside his fence.

River Rat

WKR
(Friend of a fruend huh? Sorry to break it to you thats a pen raised deer. Look at the color of his antlers he hasnt even rubbed anything. Cayse there was nothing to rub inside his fence. )
I agree :)

OP
AK Troutbum
Friend of a fruend huh? Sorry to break it to you thats a pen raised deer. Look at the color of his antlers he hasnt even rubbed anything. Cayse there was nothing to rub inside his fence.

I don't really understand the first sentence here, it was a friend of a friend. I don't know if it was pen raised or not, it may be, I was just showing a photo of what my buddy sent me. If it was pen raised, it's not exactly any skin off my ass, just showing a picture of a big buck and what I was told.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Since when can someone just look at the color of a rack and make a statement that it's a pen raised deer? I call BS and to come on with that statement sucks the big weenie!!!

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
That light color could be because he was killed in velvet and it was removed after the kill, or just shed.

Have a look at this one.

http://www.modeerhunter.com/stories/record.aspx

his post says he JUST killed it. pretty late to be fresh out of velvet. every year photos of whitetail and elk just like this with no rub stains on their antlers get passed around online as "going to be some sort of new record" and its always "a friend of a friend" or "my bosses cousin" or some other such crap. id bet the farm thats a farm raised buck but whatever.

Stid2677

WKR
his post says he JUST killed it. pretty late to be fresh out of velvet. every year photos of whitetail and elk just like this with no rub stains on their antlers get passed around online as "going to be some sort of new record" and its always "a friend of a friend" or "my bosses cousin" or some other such crap. id bet the farm thats a farm raised buck but whatever.

If you go back and read the link, you will see that buck was said to have a hormone imbalance. They often refer to this as "cactus" bucks, like this one Luke killed on Kodiak in NOVEMBER. They often never shed the velvet.

IMGP2113.jpg

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
yeah okay, so i guess he just killed the thing which was a one in a million giant with a hormone imbalance causing it to be in full velvet in november, and then stripped every bit of velvet off of it for the photo before he even skinned it or anything... man youre reaching.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
yeah okay, so i guess he just killed the thing which was a one in a million giant with a hormone imbalance causing it to be in full velvet in november, and then stripped every bit of velvet off of it for the photo before he even skinned it or anything... man youre reaching.

LOL when you say he's reaching and yet you came on here with your lame post stating you can tell that deer was pen raised just because his antlers are white, LOL! Take a hike brother and keep your negative thoughts to yourself when you have no basis other than the color of the rack to make a stupid, disparaging statement like you did!!! FYI most of the bull elk where I hunt out in Wyoming have predominantly white colored racks and I can guarantee we aren't hunting anything out there that is raised in a pen!

OP
AK Troutbum
Actually if you look really close, his chest appears to be expanded, which would indicate that his lungs are inflated, which only leads me to conclude that he is actually not dead, but in fact just tranquilized, and they are transporting him across town to breed with some other pen raised does.