kifaru pointman opinions

Jazzdog

FNG
planning on using my pointman as a 3-5 day pack for early season in colorado. i've got two long's on the sides, a large lock and load on the back and a claymore on the bottom for my tent and bag. i figure im at about 4800 ci. is that big enough for a 3-5 day trip?
i love the bag and have used it for years as a travel bag and for car camping/hunting trips but not backpacking.

Thejones couldn't have said it better. There's always gonna be the latest and greatest. (Trust me, been chasing it for years now.) If the Pointman holds your gear, carries well for you, and you've already got some time with it..... then it very well could be the perfect pack for you.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
planning on using my pointman as a 3-5 day pack for early season in colorado. i've got two long's on the sides, a large lock and load on the back and a claymore on the bottom for my tent and bag. i figure im at about 4800 ci. is that big enough for a 3-5 day trip?
i love the bag and have used it for years as a travel bag and for car camping/hunting trips but not backpacking.

I tried the big bag with Pockets all over. It was akward for me. Didnt carry as well as I liked and felt like it was pulling the pack different ways as I hiked the hills and valleys. I ended up going the one big bag route myself. Just seems to keep things centered better. I tried reconfiguring what I put where and how I loaded it. still just didnt fit my comfort level. But your experience maybe different. As the others have said if your used to it and can make it work go for it.... We have all been down that never ending perfect pack search buying selling this pack that pack testing trying, loading and unloading. Finally you just have to stop the madness throw some weight into the pack and carry it. Just my experience on the subject. These guys know the gear I have bought and sold. I had a good run finally just said this works and went with it. =-)