0 Degree Bag Suggestions

hold "ALT" then 0176 on numeric pad = ° :)

If you are going to buy a quality bag(Montbell, WM, EE,Etc) make sure you need the rating you buy. I cant sleep in my 5° WM bag during a typical CO rifle season unless its unzipped a fair amount.

Should qualify that the ALT character codes only work on Windows machines. On my Chromebook right now and tried it out of curiosity; did some crazy stuff. I doubt it will work on Linux or OSX either.

For archery, muzzleloader and 1st rifle I doubt you would be below 20 no matter where you go, but for 2nd/3rd you will hit those temps in a lot of places, but you never know in CO; could be 40 and it could be -10.

Last edited:

idig4au

WKR
I've spent some significant time in the Kuiu 0° bag in harsh conditions and I can recommend it. It performed above my expectations. I would put it in the same class as the WM and FF bags which set the standards for down bags. The Kuiu is similar to the Marmot plasma bag. It seems to be its step-brother, and they also use the treated down....i think its called Down Defender.

OP
Turnem n Burnem
I ended up getting a Marmot Plasma 0 Long (thanks Bobhunts!)- its definitely a grower! I never imagined something could pack down so small.

Wasatchbuck

Lil-Rokslider
dont overlook feathered friends. I have their 20* swift nano and have been very pleased with it. I have about 20 nights in it so far with the coldest getting down to about 31* and I was nice and toasty(almost too warm) in just boxers and a t-shirt. I went back and forth between feathered friends and western mountaineering and in the end I cannot complain.

bobhunts

WKR
If you are looking to buy the lightest Dry down bag I would say get a Plasma! Buy one rated for more than you will be in. They are one nice bag! I almost bought the WM bag but if you look at the weight and fill power and also being dry down I cannot see a downside to this bag. I also bought another Marmot Helium 15 bag that comes in close. I do like that WM gives you the option to add more down. Something no one else does as far as I know! A ton of good stuff out there ..just find out what works for you.