The evil that is Cancer

Fellow Sliders, I hate to do this, but I am writing this to seek your help. Allow me to introduce to you my brother Jeremy. Jeremy Peterson, currently age 40, father of three, Alexa (20), Tyler (17) and Aiden (8). Jeremy is an amazing father, a terrific brother (although stubborn), upstanding husband, and a friend that would give you the shirt off his back if in need. If you were to meet him you would have a new understanding of the phrase, "the life of the party" as his energy is not of this world. With all of that being said, on 22 June 2015, Jeremy was given some devastating news. He was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer. Stage 4 adrenal cortex cancer. Now, so that you're aware, Jeremy is no stranger to struggle. In February of 2013, he had to undergo surgery to remove a 15 pound tumor from his abdomen/chest cavity. Fortunately at the time, it was cancer free. Jeremy is now faced with a very nasty and aggressive form of cancer that has changed his life as we all know it. Unfortunately, as a construction worker, Jeremy's insurance will only hold out for so long. With everything that Jeremy will undergo, he will need all the financial support he can receive in order to keep his family afloat. As you can see, I (his eldest brother), am seeking assistance. Why you ask? Simple, Jeremy is too proud to ask for charity or handouts. He has worked hard all his life, and I don't know what else to do in a time like this to help him, so I am going to ask on his behalf (and ours) for your generosity and help. If it is not within your means to help, I understand that, and would only ask for your prayers instead. However, if it is within your means to help, we would truly appreciate it, and know that no words we could offer would be able to express our sincere gratitude.

We have set up a gofundme account. If you could spare anything, we would greatly appreciate it. God Bless!!

http://www.gofundme.com/xpv8rgs

Sincerely and Respectfully,
TSgt Jason Peterson
United States Air Force

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do sir, Thank you for your service to our country as well.

Also on a side not fellow RS I hope that this thread at least gets as many comments as the "feedback for freebies" post currently 2 threads above this one with 87 posts at this time.

I myself(43) and my wife(44) are cancer survivors. It is by God's perfect grace we are healthy today, I pray the lord richly bless your brother and your family.

OP
HardcoreHunter
I apologize in advance fellow Sliders, I realize this is an area people dont like to read about. But I need to try to keep this at the top. Every dollar donation we get is a huge help! Thank you to those of you that have shown your generosity. It does not go unnoticed!

Shrek

WKR
Come on guys. Chipping in the amount of a cup of coffee will add up to real help if a bunch of us do it. I chipped in the amount I would have spent on dinner out and a beer or two . I lost my appetite after thinking of all the pain and sorrow anyway.

OP
HardcoreHunter
Come on guys. Chipping in the amount of a cup of coffee will add up to real help if a bunch of us do it. I chipped in the amount I would have spent on dinner out and a beer or two . I lost my appetite after thinking of all the pain and sorrow anyway.
Thank You Shrek, I greatly appreciate that!