coffee

worthog

FNG
what is everyone using for coffee on a backpacking trip? I have a jet boil with a press and haven't gotten very good results. I tried to grind my own and that didn't help. I have also used the instant packs but they aren't the greatest.

Ceby7

Lil-Rokslider
Starbucks Via, I love coffee but I'm not willing to pack a press and fresh grounds in the backcountry-true it's not as good as at home, but I'm hunting so I get by

JNDEER

WKR
I am cheap and grew up on folgers. I use instant coffee because it is fast and easy and cheap. I tried the Via on a pig hunt and it tasted just fine, but cost too much compared to a giant Costco tub of instant coffee.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vias for us as well. Can buy the 50 pack for $25 on Amazon as they near the expiration date, so that's usually how we stock up. Also like the hazelnut flavored Nescafé instant type, but they aren't very strong.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
Im cheap too but dont like instant coffee. Folgers Coffee bags are like tea bags and they taste alright. I have used them on many ice fishing and hunting trips.

Finch

WKR
I've got coffee covered (nescafe instant) but still trying to find a mug or cup. Didn't want to pay $30 for titanium.

Trr15

WKR
Starbucks via for me too, although I do have and use (periodically) a fold up coffee strainer made by snowpeak. I use a hemp filter with it, and it makes a pretty good cup of coffee.

jwatts

WKR
I have tried the instant coffee and just don't like it. This year I am taking some English breakfast tea bags. It has dang near the caffeine of a cup of coffee and to me tastes better than instant coffee.