Sleeping Bag Suggestions

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
A new bag is on my list of upgrades for this season. I'm wanting to upgrade to something that can be used for a moose or caribou hunt in 2020 in Alaska as well as late season in ID, WY, and CO.

I'm leaning towards down but could be swayed to synthetic but my main concern is which degree rating should I be considering. Is a 15 degree bag going to be adequate or should I be looking for something more along the lines of a 0-5 degree bag?

Shrek

WKR
A late season bag for Colorado , Idaho , and Wyoming starts at 0 and down. You can’t go wrong with a Western Mountaineering bag.

xziang

WKR
2nd a WM bag they are nice and are true to temps as it seems. I like it however being a 'side' sleeper and falling off my mat a lot I have gone to BigAgnes bag and use that most of the time.

If worried about down can always throw it in a dry sack when you aren't using it.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 15 degree Montbell and it's great so far for September. I can always load it up with my puffy and extra clothes. Now for October that may be a different story. It's the only good bag I have and i use it for everything but I could see the value in getting a 0 rated bag. I hunt about 10K frequently.

OP
W

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
2nd a WM bag they are nice and are true to temps as it seems. I like it however being a 'side' sleeper and falling off my mat a lot I have gone to BigAgnes bag and use that most of the time.

If worried about down can always throw it in a dry sack when you aren't using it.

That's one of my main issues as I'm also a side sleeper and currently run BA bags but I just don't think their quality is along the lines of WM, etc.