+1 Kifaru packs

big44a4

WKR
Have to say I’m pretty impressed with my kifaru pack after packing out my first bull with it. Made it back to camp in one trip. Here is the 2 rears deboned, neck meat, scraps, and skull (my buddy carried the straps and fronts so there was no need to try for more). It was more capable than I was. No guess on the weight but I’ve had 150# in another pack brand testing it out and this was damn heavy. Looking forward to the next one.

e8c3a6d29e7a1f752b3298e2aa48ceed.jpg

OP
B

big44a4

WKR
Did you pack it 5 miles uphill both ways?

In the snow! Not pictured here as I asked the bull to pass on a nicer spot on the mountain. It was a few miles from camp and then several more to the truck.

Marble

WKR
It's definitely a great pack system.

But I hope someone else carried the rest of the meat out.
(Nevermind...i read it again and realized I had too many beers) Good work!
Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
B

big44a4

WKR
Imagine how much more you could carry if you didn’t have two headlamps on your head and one in your hand?

Nice work man!

Ha. Only 2 on my head the other you see is trekking pole strap. My rechargeable one died while quartering elk so had to use back up battery operated.

Did you pack it 5 miles uphill both ways? 😜
When I was younger I was packing a bull by myself and on the first load when I got to the top of the canyon I realized I went up the wrong side of the canyon 😂 that’s not a joke, so it is possible to pack uphill both ways, haha

I was pretty pissed at myself having to drop all the way back down and back up the other side, pretty smoked for nothing… pretty funny though, that was my second elk and the first time packing one myself.

Thinking back, I think I was 19yrs old when that happened… a half of life ago