2013 CA Central Coast Blacktail

PintsOfCraft

Lil-Rokslider
I've got access to a nice piece of private land in A zone that I've been hunting for quite a while. The country is pretty steep; great to get into hiking shape without the altitude. With only a few days off of work, I was able to find this guy early one morning. Just thought I'd share. Anyone else hunt A zone?

2013 AZone Buck.jpg

JNDEER

WKR
Ah yes the giant Forky's.....what CA is known for.

I ony hunt the A zone archery....nothing like packing in when it is a cool 100 degrees!

AitchAr

FNG
Nice forkie!

I have archery hunted the same private land since 2005, but couldn't this year due to the birth of my second daughter. It also looks like that spot might not be available to me starting next year, so I need to start finding some alternate areas or switch it up to one of the B zones for blacktail.

Last edited:

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted a lot of A zone over the years. Some of it was a ranch between Gilroy and Los Banos. Lots of deer and pigs, but finding anything other than a forked horn was the challenge. I've also hunted near Clear Lake before.

Archery A zone is always the same. HOT!!! July deer hunting? Only in California....