2014 Arizona Unit 9 Archery Elk Hunt Video

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
After many years of applications, I drew a unit 9 archery elk tag in Arizona this year. It was a great experience--one I was able to share with friends and family. In preperation for this hunt, I purchased a hand-held camera and tried to make a point to record as much of the hunt as I could. Of course a lot did of action did not get captured because I was holding a bow and not my camera, but I got enough to put together a YouTube video. It is my first attempt at using a video camera while hunting. As a writer and photographer, this enitre experience with video did not come easy to me!

Below is a taste of what my experience bowhunting unit 9 was like this year. I hope you enjoy it. I would love some feedback, so that my next attempt at videography will be better.

http://www.weekendbowhunter.com/

Happy hunting,

Zack

jbra

FNG
Nice bull and nice video! I know they can be a pain while trying to hunt in the field but I'd suggest a tripod/monopod to help steady the video camera if you plan on doing more video.

OP
Zackman

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I will have to make an effort to use a tripod if this becomes something in continue to do

velvetfvr

WKR
Congrats Zack. That is a great bull. That bull at the beginning with sweet whale tails was a toad of a bull.

OP
Zackman

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
Velvet,

I hunted that bull 5 straight mornings and had him with in 60 yards three times, but things never worked out for me to take a shot. It was a great bull! I figured him to be around 360"

Az Hunter

FNG
Congrats! I took a 340 class 6x7 bull out of unit 9 a few years back. Now building my bonus points to go back.