2014 Kifaru Nomad

Rocky

WKR
The Nomad looks pretty bad ass! If I put all of my stuff in the batwings minus my tent, sleeping bag, pad, a 90% jacket, and a rain jacket (Cabela's space rainsuit- top and bottom), and food for a week, what would be the best/smallest/lightest bag I could use for the bag that goes between the batwings? The camp bag seems too big for this- I shouldn't need much more than 4800 cc's total, so I don't need anything as big as that for just the middle compartment. I'm guessing something close to 2800-3000 cc's would be the ticket. What would work well for this?

One of the cool design features is that it is about 4800 cc and can go smaller if needed :D

Ironman8

WKR
Thanks again for all the vids Aron. Hope you were able to enjoy a little Christmas ;)

I really think I found my future pack. I was leaning toward the SG for the meat shelf, but I think this will actually be easier to transport meat.

dotman

WKR
I'm thinking a high camp/nomad combo will be hard to beat. Did you mail mine yet :) it's April already isn't it :)

Good thing I already have the high camp. It really sunk in that if ran together my hc7 with the nomad will be well over 9000ci.

If you fill the sleeping bag compartment in the high camp and compress the bat wings over the top (nothing in top 3/4 of high camp) how accessible is the U-zipper of the high camp? So only fill up the wings then compress them over the high camp but have the bottom of the high camp functional for quick access.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Yup it will still mount up. Atleast after talking to Aron that is how I understand it.

Beastmode

WKR
I'm thinking this is the bag I want. The EMR 2 seems a little too big for what I need. I won't know until I get my hands on both of them at the sheep show.

Lawnboi

WKR
Would there be a way, with webbing, a plastic d thing and a buckle to make an adapter to hang a highcamp bag just like the nomad camp bag?

Maybe I missed it but if a guy wanted to haul meat with just the nomad by itself, can the grab it be attached higher on the frame to keep the load elevated? I hunt solo a lot and would like to drop any extra weight after the first trip and just haul the last load. Not that it makes a differance cause I'm buying this bad boy anyhow!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Maybe I missed it but if a guy wanted to haul meat with just the nomad by itself, can the grab it be attached higher on the frame to keep the load elevated? I hunt solo a lot and would like to drop any extra weight after the first trip and just haul the last load. Not that it makes a differance cause I'm buying this bad boy anyhow!

Yes, you have 2 positions, one elevated and one at the bottom.