2014 Kifaru Nomad

Hey Aron-
Which attachment points on a duplex frame does the Nomad use, and what kind of attachment points does it provide for mounting a pod below the wings?

Thanks!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Aron-
Which attachment points on a duplex frame does the Nomad use, and what kind of attachment points does it provide for mounting a pod below the wings?

Thanks!

The pod attaches at the 2 common web loops at the very bottom of the frame and 2 more directly above those (same level as the bottom of the Nomad)

I'll need to do a video attaching the Nomad, but it attaches at the common web loops on the duplex frame.

Wrench77

WKR
Aron, I have a few questions about the nomad/highcamp combo.

If you are running belt pouches on the lower sides of the highcamp will they sit below the wings of the nomad?

From what I can see in the videos the nomad does not utilize the delta straps on the waist belt. I'm assuming you can use the delta straps on the highcamp bag for another connection point, is that accurate?

Is it possible to have 4 common loops sewn on the back of the highcamp bag to attach to the 4 common loops of the nomad with split end male/female buckles for another connection point?

Last question is are there any plans to add a center zip option to the highcamp bag, or would it be possible to order a custom highcamp bag without the lower sleeping bag zipper and add the center zip? This way a guy could use the nomad or highcamp as stand alone bags or both when needed for an EMR II kind of feel.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, the pouches on a High Camp site below the wings.

You can attach the Delta straps back to the frame (they are meant to attach back to frame or bag), or back to the High camp.

Probably not.

That would not be possible.

Aron, I have a few questions about the nomad/highcamp combo.

If you are running belt pouches on the lower sides of the highcamp will they sit below the wings of the nomad?

From what I can see in the videos the nomad does not utilize the delta straps on the waist belt. I'm assuming you can use the delta straps on the highcamp bag for another connection point, is that accurate?

Is it possible to have 4 common loops sewn on the back of the highcamp bag to attach to the 4 common loops of the nomad with split end male/female buckles for another connection point?

Last question is are there any plans to add a center zip option to the highcamp bag, or would it be possible to order a custom highcamp bag without the lower sleeping bag zipper and add the center zip? This way a guy could use the nomad or highcamp as stand alone bags or both when needed for an EMR II kind of feel.

wapitibob

WKR
I meant below the bag, on the frame.

Bikini frame showing lower D rings and common loops.
attachment.php

Belt pouch attached to upper set of D rings
attachment.php

wapitibob

WKR
If you look at the pics on Kifaru.net you can see how the bag attaches. The D rings I used above are slightly obscured by the lower bag attachment straps so you might have to fenagle the 3bars a little bit. It also looks like the wings will sit down on the pouch a little bit.

attachment.php

Thanks wapitibob. I dont think a pocket will attach there quite as I hoped... The top attaches seem a bit to high and the bottom seem to low. But something will probably work.

I am getting the nomad bag but I cant decide... bikini frame or duplex frame. Wish I could find a deal on a used one and that would decide for me. I have been racking my brain for a week.

Beastmode

WKR
Thanks wapitibob. I dont think a pocket will attach there quite as I hoped... The top attaches seem a bit to high and the bottom seem to low. But something will probably work.

Kifaru has a booth at the shot show I believe. If you could make it to that you could check them both out in person. That could help you make up your mind. I think there is a bikini frame in the classified adds though.

dotman

WKR
I am getting the nomad bag but I cant decide... bikini frame or duplex frame. Wish I could find a deal on a used one and that would decide for me. I have been racking my brain for a week.

Get either frame in multicam, they are or were on sale. Or you can get the Duplex in OD Green for 20% off. I think you have to call your order in but the OD green looks great with Coyote Brown or Highlander so you can create a mixture that looks pretty good. If you go with the Aluminum stays in either pack it will save you $40. If I remember correctly the OD green duplex with aluminum stays is around $260ish with the sale, brand new.

wapitibob

WKR

I ran a large pouch in the upper location(of the lower 2 D rings), holding a 93oz bladder with a GEN II meat bag above it for a "short hunt" setup and it worked fine, if that helps (on a Bikinni frame).
The Nomad, setup with a GEN II between the wings is pretty much perfect for me and I can add a belt pouch or lash a dry bag to the btm of the frame with those D rings/common loops. Another big plus is getting the bladder off the frame where it tends to get popped.
Looking forward to taking a Bear for a ride come April.

Last edited:

wyodan

WKR
Aron, everything posted so far shows the Longhunter Lid. Is there a reason not to use the XTL lid with this setup? I don't currently have a lid, and as I am a notorious overpacker, I have been looking at the XTL.