2014 Kifaru Nomad

DeepMauka

Lil-Rokslider
i was wondering the same thing about a bow, but im assuming you attach it with the compression straps like the horizontal lash kit straps on any other kifaru pack (at least in my experience)

very cool and well thought out pack! Kifaru always on the cutting edge ahead of the pack (pun not intended)!

I know I ask this question a lot, but any chance this pack will be offered in Mandrake? Mandrake pattern have a chance of getting into an option for accessories?

Jager

WKR
Ha ha, look at the height of the seat, I wouldn't touch the top of the crank, let alone the pedal.

Rizzy

WKR
Good design, has everything I think I want.

1) Can I use my 4800 high camp bag in lieu of the "camp bag"?

2) Will there be a way to attach 2 smaller camp bags, like one for camp and one for food?

3) Any new belts?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
More of a "midwest" type question but would a tree stand fit in the center? Are the wings long/wide enough to go around a tree stand? It would be cool to see a photo of that.

Yes, most treestand will fit in the center, but if it has a huge platform, than it will take some doing.

I tested with a Lone Wolf Climber and a Lone Wolf hang on and it worked great.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You could use the 4800 as a Camp Bag.

You can attach 2 camp bags very easy (multiple attachment point on the Nomad).
Good design, has everything I think I want.

1) Can I use my 4800 high camp bag in lieu of the "camp bag"?

2) Will there be a way to attach 2 smaller camp bags, like one for camp and one for food?

3) Any new belts?

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, most treestand will fit in the center, but if it has a huge platform, than it will take some doing.

I tested with a Lone Wolf Climber and a Lone Wolf hang on and it worked great.

Which lone wolf climber? I have the sit and climb wide with i think the alpha platform. If that will fit I am sold

1morehill

FNG
Hi Aron was wondering when you time can you please show the Nomad with the 4800 configuration ? Also with new Big Daddy would a smaller version be considered as well, really love them both but the Big Daddy is a little too large for my needs. Thanks James

Rocky

WKR
Aron can you give a recommendation about how you would use the Nomad of a 5-7 day hunt (e.i. pockets, bags, etc)? I know you said you like the Timberline because you were able to pack out your camp and meat in one trip. How would you do this with the Nomad if the camp bag was the “body of the bat”? Would you place the meat next to your back and then put the camp bag on the meat, which would make it stick out further or would you compress the camp bag and put it on top which would make your load taller ? I know it depends on how much meat you are carrying, but I’m just trying to get an idea about how the pack would be loaded coming out after a successful hunt.

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
I have the older Sit and Climb.

Call me if you wanna.... I'm home for a while.

720-937-1418

Any chance we could get a picture of the Lonewolf stand in the Nomad. I've been a Kifaru creeper for a while but this could cause me to tip the glass of kool-aid.

Rocky

WKR
Aron can you give a recommendation about how you would use the Nomad of a 5-7 day hunt (e.i. pockets, bags, etc)? I know you said you like the Timberline because you were able to pack out your camp and meat in one trip. How would you do this with the Nomad if the camp bag was the “body of the bat”? Would you place the meat next to your back and then put the camp bag on the meat, which would make it stick out further or would you compress the camp bag and put it on top which would make your load taller ? I know it depends on how much meat you are carrying, but I’m just trying to get an idea about how the pack would be loaded coming out after a successful hunt.

After rewatching one of the videos I think I figured it out.