2018 KANSAS Sheds

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
ya...blizzards back to back round here....nearly impossible to find any....i usally have over 200 miles worth of boot leather in by march 1st...this year under 30 miles....patience I tell myself..."good things come to those who wait"...lol

Thess87

WKR
Found three so far here in se Kansas. Although I haven’t looked very hard yet as I’m still seeing a bunch still carrying.

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Do you guys have any snow on the ground in southern kansas?

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
hoping the rain will melt the snow round these parts early next week..if not shed hunting will still be futile still....

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Spent most of the night in the truck last night....note to self...dont forget the shovels next time! Thankfully we always travel with lots of extra cloths in case this happens out in the middle of nowhere...
IMG_2616.JPG

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Found a good one today in my backyard sanctuary....had him in bow range last season but he just didnt give me an ethical shot...got his shed/s for 4 years straight now...hes been a shooter all 4 years....but made a nice jump last season...super heavy.
IMG_2825.JPG

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
another one from 2 seasons back...found within 60 yards of above shed.
IMG_2822.JPG

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Its a muddy monkey here with all the snow melt and 2-3" rain coming...was hard walking all day but added another 8 to the pile....lots bucks with both sides big ones included....water running everywhere...rivers flooding outa its banks...just outright anarchy out there!
IMG_4495.JPG

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
A couple of my treestands...theres up to 200 deer pooled up in this grove year round...300 in the winter...flooding has left limited bedding and travel routes for such a huge herd.

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Heres a shed from a buck my wife and I have been after for 7 years...lives in our backyard...hes at least 11-12 years old. The mass is literally as big as my forearm.
Was his 2017 rack...would have rather found it fresh.
IMG_2903.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2904.JPG
    IMG_2904.JPG
    527.5 KB · Views: 20
OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Heres the biggest typical 5 point shed Ive ever held...a buck my brothers been chasing for a season or two...all the locals tried gettn him last season but he made it through...
The pic doesnt do this thing justice...a true 30" plus main beam...a 190 class typical 10 point.
IMG_2949.JPG