2018 KANSAS Sheds

I've never had luck finding any sheds, but then again, I would say that is due to a lack of time after season put into the woods. Downfalls of hunting same private ground for 20 years. Deer seem to always be in same locations...

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Heres the fresh set off that buck that lives in my backyard, i posted his last years shed above...hes 11-12 years old now...the mass is literally like holding a baseball bat!
IMG_2907.JPG

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Been hunting him for 7 years...usually has a huge 3x3 to 3x4 mainframe with trash...shot an arrow at him in 2013 or 14 on a cold december evening sitting out in an open wheat field hiding in a terrace channel...missed completely...I blame it on my cold hands...lol
Hes incredibly elusive...beds on the neighbors sanctuary and feeds on my 3 square miles...so I dont get his sheds very many years...he lives with that massive 10 I posted a shed pic of earlier and I found the matched set off a 180 classer he also beds close beside(i will post pics later). Then theres another 3-4 bucks in there that are over 150"...Oh and might I add I have NEVER got a trail cam pic of him in 7 years...Ive stated like a broken record, alot of mature bucks like this will avoid cams at all costs....Cams have hurt my hunting more than helped it...but this is just my observations in the areas I hunt that hold mature to very old bucks.
IMG_2908.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    773.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2905.JPG
    IMG_2905.JPG
    635.7 KB · Views: 6
OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Thanks for the positive comments!
Heres a buck we have been hunting for 4 years...hes 6-7 years old now...will score right around 190". Have his matched set from 3 seasons ago as well. He lives in my backyard with that massive buck I posted the matched set above.
IMG_2902.JPG

OP
Jerm

Jerm

WKR
Heres the buck i believe was his dad or grandpa...also lived in my backyard up to 2012...if entered into the books he would have contended the kansas state typical archery record...he went approximately 194 4/8" as a typical 12....almost 29" main beams.
That big 5 I posted of my Brothers shed is a step bigger yet with well over 31" main beams!
IMG_3218.JPG