2019 Sheep "meatpole"

jzelina

FNG
Late to the party but helped my brother and our friend out on their hunt this year. Brother had a torn ACL so somebody just haaad to go along and help pack.DSC00815.jpg
Our buddy had first dibs ^
DSC00675.jpg
Our dads, 59 & 72, came along as well. We were camped on the opposite ridge and they got to watch the full ~7hr stalk through the spotter. Our buddy letting them know all went right ^
DSC00976.jpg
Story time the next day. Got the ram on the opposite face, lower left corner ^
DSC01192.jpg
A couple days later and we had my brother's ram down. Only 7 years old but double broomed ^
DSC01339.jpg
The dad's back at the strip putting on a clinic ^

Sheep hunting continues to be wholly epic!

jzelina

FNG
Congrats to the boys for sure! I'd love to read a hunt report if you felt inclined to put one together. I'm jonesing to get back after sheep already.
I've been thinking about it, I'll try and get something together. Same here man. Draws come out soon!

Mjbacks

FNG
I want to give a big shoutout to @adventure907 Not only did he guide a midwest hunter to his first ram a few days prior to my arrival, he drug a Mississippi boy all over those mountains in pursuit of another. We were able to catch up with one and seal the deal. This man is a sheep hunting machine. I'll be writing up a story in the next few days

. View attachment 119185
8c635a7f7a992cd6c07df7bb5493a4a4.jpg
nice sheep

Mjbacks

FNG
Alberta bighorn on a resident OTC tag. Finally got one, after 7 years of trying!

One huge day of hiking in, two days of painful hiking out. Memories that will last a lifetime. There really is nothing quite like sheep hunting.

32” x 15”

fd4408095c8a4d9a6d79dd133520e931.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nice sheep

Ram12

FNG
Twenty-three years of applying for Idaho sheep, some experience gained on the way, a lot of helpful advice from several other people, the sweat of my brother and a few really, really good friends, and more than a few miles on my boots paid off with this nine year old ram.

I used a LH Tikka T3X SL in 6.5 CM, topped with a 3-9 SWFA scope and loaded with 147 Hornady ELD-Ms. The shot was at 417 yds off my crossed trekking poles with my Kifaru Reckoning pack under the buttstock.

Thank you to everyone who helped!

View attachment 125428
Great photo, beautiful ram, ideal!