2021 - Who Got Their First Elk?

cstab

FNG
My first ever elk hunt last year. Solo, archery, public land in NM. It was an unbelievable experience.
854a334eaac7dd63e12ab67e38394654.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado OTC. I've actually been trying to get the guts to post a full on write up of lessons learned on this trip. It turned into a real heart wrencher. First backpack hunt for me and 2 buddies and we had to learn some stuff the hard way for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-170820_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-170820_Gallery.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 59

KsRancher

WKR
Colorado OTC. I've actually been trying to get the guts to post a full on write up of lessons learned on this trip. It turned into a real heart wrencher. First backpack hunt for me and 2 buddies and we had to learn some stuff the hard way for sure.
Let's hear it!!

I am interested as well! I am on the verge of liking everything in the truck and heading west this summer, alone. I want to hunt elk so badly.

May have been some trials and tribulations but it looks like it all paid off with a nice bull on the ground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk