2022 Idaho Spring Bear UNIT 1

Hambone74

FNG
I was reading your post a few years ago in regards to Spring Bear hunting in Bonners Ferry. My son and I are headed up Mid May. Would you be willing to share some information with us? Not looking for honey holes just trying to decide if we should go around Priest Lake or Bonners Ferry. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I have a sample size of one year, and this winter is drastically more snowy than last year, but by June last year there wasn't anywhere I went scouting that had snow in enough quantity to be a bother.

I am planning on going up near Priest this spring myself. Word is there are a ton of bears up there. Read online that some of the highest densities in Idaho. Based upon my experience this past fall and spring, I wouldn't worry about pressure in Bear season. Elk season is the only time I ever saw other hunters in the woods up here

I grew up at priest lake in unit 1 and still actively hunt/spend time up there. while there are a decent population of bears up there hunting is tough…. VERY thick heavily wooded country with limited opportunities for glassing spot and stalk. If your sights are set on unit 1 I would focus on the east side of the lake and the bonners ferry side. feel free to PM me with more details.
Sorry to bother you. Looking for some information in regards to bear hunting in Bonners Ferry. My son and I will be going up mid May. Not looking for personal honey hole just some general or any information will help. We hunted up there a few years ago and saw 2 bears for a split second. Thanks for your help.