Idaho Spring Bear Elevations

I've been out spring bear hunting just a few times over the last few years and have only seen sows and cubs. I listen to a lot of podcasts and watch a ton of videos on spring bear hunting, specifically for Idaho as that's where I live, but I seem to have personal experiences in the elevation I find bears vs what everyone says the bears should be, specifically early season. As mentioned, I have been out looking for bears a few times and have only found bears and bear sign over 6,000ft+ in elevation, never any lower and have only gone out between April 28-May 3. However most everyone says to look between the 3,000-5,000ft elevation range. Am I the only one who has had this experience? Or am I just not looking at the right areas (hunted in SE and Central Idaho).

MHWASH

WKR
At that time of year we our bears between 2200 - 4000'. This is in units 12, 16A & 17.

tnanselmo

FNG
Any recommendations for units 8, 8A, 10A, and 12. I have never hunted bear but was hoping to try and get one this year.

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Any recommendations for units 8, 8A, 10A, and 12. I have never hunted bear but was hoping to try and get one this year.
I’ve hunted 8A and have only seen one bear while trying to spot and stalk. There’s definitely bears around Moscow, Deary, and Troy. I had a bait last year and was feeding 8+ bears everyday 2 days.