2023 AZ Elk Draw

DEHusker

WKR
Holy Hellfire, if I drew a lope tag, in AZ, I’m gonna not sleep until my boots hit the ground and I bust my ass to pull this off.
Thanks for the info. Very good news indeed
Congratulations to your son. I took my daughter this year and it was an amazing adventure. She’s hooked. You guys have a great time and good luck.
My card got hit last year for $550 too! I had no idea what that was for a while because I had several tags applied for with my kids and myself. I thought it was a combination of youth tags or something. Well, I don’t know what unit you’re hunting, but I had an absolute blast hunting antelope in Arizona in the pine trees! Great hunt! Good luck.

BBob

WKR
I also had 8 points and think I drew 6A. Wonder if the preference point dropped to that level this year.
As a resident not long ago you could almost guarantee a tag in 6A archery with 6-7 points but now it’s up to 10-11. Highly doubt it would backslide much if any and if it did probably not 3-4. You just got lucky ;)

I also had 8 points and think I drew 6A. Wonder if the preference point dropped to that level this year.

I applied with 8 points, resident pool, 6a was my 2nd choice and I didn't get drawn, so I don't think it dropped. Y'all must've drawn in the random, or I did something wrong. Haha

Rooster46

FNG
I applied with 8 points, resident pool, 6a was my 2nd choice and I didn't get drawn, so I don't think it dropped. Y'all must've drawn in the random, or I did something wrong. Haha
Speaking to a local outfitter this morning. His theory/experience with guys drawing tags having low points:

if you were hit with a CC charge and have low points, you more than often drew your first choice. Because you would have had to have been lucky and assigned a very low number to be selected outside of the bonus pass.

Example: I hit this year with only 5 points. I had less than 3% on my first choice and less than 7% on my second choice.

He based this off of his past experience. Maybe it’s hopeful thinking, but I’ll take it! Annnnnd more sleepless nights.

idazona

FNG
Speaking to a local outfitter this morning. His theory/experience with guys drawing tags having low points:

if you were hit with a CC charge and have low points, you more than often drew your first choice. Because you would have had to have been lucky and assigned a very low number to be selected outside of the bonus pass.

Example: I hit this year with only 5 points. I had less than 3% on my first choice and less than 7% on my second choice.

He based this off of his past experience. Maybe it’s hopeful thinking, but I’ll take it! Annnnnd more sleepless nights.
You can't tell me that... now I'm imagining I have an early rifle tag instead of an early archery tag... hurry up AZGFD and update the portal!

OP
Steve O

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Checking the portal is not pointless. It's an obsession. Indulge us....

1678403288939.gif

😂 Carry on my friend. I am super happy you finally are using up all those points. Just wish it was in “my” unit so I could be of some assistance!