2023 Kentucky Elk Draw

Grumman

WKR
The draw was yesterday was anyone else successful?

I’m very excited my son drew a youth elk tag. He’s 15 so this is his last year of youth eligibility and there are only 25 youth tags given out.

I drew a cow archery tag here when he was 8 years old and he was by my side for that entire hunt. We had a blast back then and now I can’t wait for him to get a shot at a big bull.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I didnt apply for the first time in prolly 15 years or so.
Just lost interest I guess.

Big goose egg for me as well. Been putting in for at least the bull tag every year for at least a dozen years. Glad they started the loyalty program.

Congratulations to your son and good luck!

MP.hunter

FNG
A friend of mine’s son from WA state drew an archery tag there, will be a long drive over from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The draw was yesterday was anyone else successful?

I’m very excited my son drew a youth elk tag. He’s 15 so this is his last year of youth eligibility and there are only 25 youth tags given out.

I drew a cow archery tag here when he was 8 years old and he was by my side for that entire hunt. We had a blast back then and now I can’t wait for him to get a shot at a big bull.
Super exciting that your son drew the tag, I’m sure he will have a blast. I actually drew the archery tag this year and am super excited to explore some new terrain.

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! I drew a cow rifle. I'm stoked! Hopefully, will be able to make it over a few times before the season to scout.

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! I drew a cow rifle. I'm stoked! Hopefully, will be able to make it over a few times before the season to scout.
Guides working last year told me Virginia strip mines had better habitat and the elk from KY migrate there and stay because KDFWR has totally failed in every single possible way in retaining habitat for elk. Total joke! Thousands of acres neglected and allowed to turn into an autumn olive nightmare

KHNC

WKR
Is there even anywhere legit to hunt in Kentucky now, outside of using outfitters? I didnt apply this year as it seemed like it would be tough to access any decent ground with any real chance of success as DIY>