2023 MULE DEER OFFICIAL MEAT POLE THREAD

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well boys and girls......its about that time of year!
Hard to imagine being its been summer and HOT here but the mule deer are starting to get scared and for good reason........roksliders will be soon afield in search of them.
This is the official thread for bragging about your 2023 muley. Photos, stories, etc.....bring it!
If you think you've got a GREAT photo......post it in the best buck photo above sponsored by Kryptek, not here. This thread is for all us mere mortals.
Good luck to everyone this year and above all else, enjoy your journey.

Randy

Zeroing rifles and gear checks 60 days to go and headed west, good luck to all afield this year. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning.

There’s no way there will be any entries here. All the mule deer died last winter. 😜

Seriously - I love seeing all the critters in the thread and the smiling faces on all the hunters. Can’t wait!

PNWGATOR

WKR
Stay off the trigger killer…there is a trashy 200” buck out there with your name on it if you’re willing to simply hunt as you do and not kill the first mature four point asking for a bullet.

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stay off the trigger killer…there is a trashy 200” buck out there with your name on it if you’re willing to simply hunt as you do and not kill the first mature four point asking for a bullet.
Hmmm......I'm looking for the appropriate emoji.....

Randy

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Glassed up a gorgeous, gnarly 5x5 with some cool extras on him. One of the coolest mulies I’ve seen in a long time. Watched him for about an hour until dark a couple hours ago here in wyoming. Motivating me for a late November desert mule deer hunt, with scouting for that hunt starting in about 3 weeks.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
VideoCapture_20230902-193414.jpgVideoCapture_20230903-203615.jpg20230903_163233.jpg

Got my first archery buck! 🤣
General Idaho deer that I wouldn't have killed if @robby denning hadn't all but called me names for wanting to wait till rifle season. He went 216.5 with the fuzzy stuff and 214 1/8 stripped. I gave him 3 inches for a tine he broke falling off a cliff. I have hours of video or him and I'm confident it was at least that long.

This is when I first found him at the end of July. He grew a bit more after this.
Screenshot_20230802_090047_Gallery.jpg