2023 Muley - against all odds

NWMT_MountainBum

WKR
Classified Approved
This year has been the hardest year of my life. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in January that I’ve been fighting since, my health has been a rollercoaster the entire time - battling pneumonia, infections and sicknesses every week, not being able to workout or even see the inside of a gym, and am in the process of being medically discharged from a career in the military that I have done very well and worked very hard In. My mental health has been taxed as much if not more than my physical health and the only way I have been able to maintain is through my family, friends, and faith.

I knew going into this season it would be hard. I knew I would be very limited In what I could do. I only hunt public land and with the amount of pressure faced I did not expect much. But I pushed on.

I put In over six miles yesterday and ten today, dragging my body each step I could manage. The pain of this year kept me going. just wanted a win. The hard work and perseverance paid off and I was able to harvest this mature buck with the 7PRC I built before getting sick.

No matter how bad it is sometimes. Just keep pushing forward. One step at a time.

IMG_0598.jpeg7DD6971F-11AC-4306-9DC1-30EF37A8460B.jpegIMG_0602.jpeg

Last edited:

fatlander

WKR
Awesome buck. Even better story of resilience and perseverance. I pray for blessings to you in the year to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
Thank you for your service.

What a great buck and a terrific story of perseverance! Congrats!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations great buck! Keep grinding and staying positive and you'll keep beating the odds

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

cjdewese

WKR
Appreciate the honeaty. Sometimes as men, we don't realize that we all struggle at times.

Way to get it done, I am sure it felt great being successful.

Last edited:

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great buck 👊, congrats. Thank you for your service and good luck on the health battle🙏.