2023 Traditional Succes thread

Nothing but foam anywhere from 10-22 yards. I have to shoot from my driveway to inside my garage. Too many Karen’s in my neighborhood. Side note me and this new ACS stalker are getting to know each other very well. Just like my other stalkers.

34a8048e127d8a903a2aef18681166af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a stud. What was your set up?

Samick Discovery 17" riser with Uukha Gobi limbs. They are the 45# limbs maxed out, so I imagine it is 50-52# or so. Black Eagle Renegade arrows and I used Cutthroat 2-blade broadheads this year (the new S7 ones). I just have a Bear Weatherrest stuck on it.

An ILF set-up with Uukhas is an impressive performer but I think I might just carry a light wood longbow next year. I was hunting some fairly thick north facing country and I got pretty tired of catching brush between the string and the limb endlessly, and it sure is nice having a light weight bow that is only a couple pounds.

The bull certainly was a stud, the king of his canyon. He was the most "growly" bull I've encountered. He was very muscular and in amazing condition. He had more fat on him than some beef steers I've seen. His brisket almost looked like a beef brisket.

Well done!
Thanks. That was Idaho, btw. I was able to secure a tag for next year (by the skin of my teeth). It is in a new zone I haven't hunted, so back to square one with figuring out the country. Hopefully I can keep the success going. I've been doing pretty good killing them with sticks. Somehow I always seem to end up pulling something off after enough blood, sweat, and tears. Nature almost seems to have a barometer on suffering and effort expended, and once you've done enough she says, "OK, let this guy have one."