First year traditional

Great job. I don't know what year I'm on in my trad journey. Year 19 maybe. It took me more than one year to be successful, but once I got that first kill under my belt it seemed like they just kept coming and coming.

OP
F1etch

F1etch

FNG
Heck yeah man, I’m definitely hooked. This one was at maybe 5 yds right under me and I got lucky getting a doe early season at about 14yds.

Super proud to get them on biblical as well.

Feel very lucky, hope to keep it going

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats, nice buck! What bow is that and what was your arrow set up?

OP
F1etch

F1etch

FNG
Congrats, nice buck! What bow is that and what was your arrow set up?
It’s a Stalker coyote fxt 62”.

I’m shooting black eagle outlaws cut to 29” 400 spine with 5” feathers, 585 grains with a 250 grain 3blade vpa and 50 grain insert.

Lol I think this will be my setup for a long time because I have good arrow flight

OP
F1etch

F1etch

FNG
It’s a Stalker coyote fxt 62”.

I’m shooting black eagle outlaws cut to 29” 400 spine with 5” feathers, 585 grains with a 250 grain 3blade vpa and 50 grain insert.

Lol I think this will be my setup for a long time because I have good arrow flight
I’ve got allot to learn about tuning. I don’t know (since I just started) but it seems like my setup isn’t very “forgiving”. Like if I execute a perfect shot I have really good arrow flight but if I barely pluck the string the arrow flight suffers.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got allot to learn about tuning. I don’t know (since I just started) but it seems like my setup isn’t very “forgiving”. Like if I execute a perfect shot I have really good arrow flight but if I barely pluck the string the arrow flight suffers.
Whats your draw length? Whats a bareshaft do at 20 yards when you shoot it?

OP
F1etch

F1etch

FNG
I always got a little nock right, which confused me because I think I should be at a 400 spine. Plus with the weight I have up front it seems like I’m borderline under spined.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I always got a little nock right, which confused me because I think I should be at a 400 spine. Plus with the weight I have up front it seems like I’m borderline under spined.
Not even close to being underspine. I have the same bow, 60 inch coyote with the acs limbs. A 500 spine warrior bare shafts with 275 up front with a 27.5 arrow. A 400 spine gold tip bareshafts with the 275 up front with a 31.5 length arrow. My draw length is 26 inches, 60lb bow at 28, im pulling around 50-52lbs lbs. I would add 100 grains to get it to spine out or try a bareshaft at 30.5-30 with your weight up front. I'm willing to bet your slightly overpsined though with that current set up. The feathers are hiding it. Whats the draw weight at your draw length?

OP
F1etch

F1etch

FNG
Yeah with feathers it shoots good.I don’t know what I’m pulling, I just know the bow is 54 at 28.

Thanks for the reply, my pro shop doesn’t really do traditional and they were telling me 400 spine

Beendare

WKR
My first year was a dud.

I was hunting hogs- and still hunting them like I was shooting a compound. 50y and in it was dead with my compound but I had to adjust my thinking.

I missed a nice whitetail

I was shooting instinctive aim…Solving my problem; it just didn’t work for me to “Shoot more”

I started shooting tourneys and had a great mentor that helped with my form and aiming system. I now shoot a Gap- stinctive type system with a double check ( if I feel I need it) of pick a point- which has been deadly on critters and more accurate at the range.

Its a learning curve

OP
F1etch

F1etch

FNG
My first year was a dud.

I was hunting hogs- and still hunting them like I was shooting a compound. 50y and in it was dead with my compound but I had to adjust my thinking.

I missed a nice whitetail

I was shooting instinctive aim…Solving my problem; it just didn’t work for me to “Shoot more”

I started shooting tourneys and had a great mentor that helped with my form and aiming system. I now shoot a Gap- stinctive type system with a double check ( if I feel I need it) of pick a point- which has been deadly on critters and more accurate at the range.

Its a learning curve
Nice! Have you tried a clicker?