2024 Idaho General Draw! 10 days until the MADNESS!

jd30069

FNG

Yeah - I think they owe us an explanation on this one. I was at position 544. After 90 people had gone, there were 6 units sold out. How do 90 people buy 6 units worth of tags? I don't know how many diamond creek had this year, but in years past, there was at least a few hundred Diamond Creek A tags available. So 90 people bought those few hundred plus 5 other units???

By the time my number came up, there were 11 units sold out. So 543 people bought 11 units worth of tags?
I was keeping a close eye on the counts also and could not find a correlation to what was happening. Some regular deer tags were gone instantly. Later in the morning with most elk tags gone of course the numbers were dropping by thousands as people lost hope.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
There is a movement by the disgruntled residents where they log into the system not to buy but just to add numbers to the line and overload the servers.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
I find it hard to believe there enough people doing this deliberately to make a difference.

87TT

WKR
I believe a minimum of 50% of the tags are reserved for vendors and not available online.

ez_willie

WKR
I did! Was able to to get a sub 3000 number! Got a top 2 unit!
When you say sub 3000, do you mean under 100? Or is MTN BUM full of it? Or maybe top 20 unit? Just curious.

Attachments

• IMG_8127.png
    IMG_8127.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 80
OP
pjww805

pjww805

FNG
When you say sub 3000, do you mean under 100? Or is MTN BUM full of it? Or maybe top 20 unit? Just curious.
He is right. Most of the coveted elk tags were purchased in person in Idaho from my understanding. When I say top 2 units I’m referring to what I wanted and it was a deer tag. 21 was in my top 3 . I believe I was 2600ish in line. Once the prime elk units sold out I swear I dropped 1500 spots in a matter of 10 minutes(felt like it anyways).

ez_willie

WKR
He is right. Most of the coveted elk tags were purchased in person in Idaho from my understanding. When I say top 2 units I’m referring to what I wanted and it was a deer tag. 21 was in my top 3 . I believe I was 2600ish in line. Once the prime elk units sold out I swear I dropped 1500 spots in a matter of 10 minutes(felt like it anyways).
Ahh gotcha, I forgot about deer tags. I believe the drop in spots after elk disappeared. Congrats on the tag.

So youre trying to tell me 500ish out of state residents went to idaho and stood inline? Because 5 units are sold out already.
I got to the Panhandle region office about 5:45 AM as I live in Spokane WA. There were folks that been camping out there for 2 days. I was #94 standing in the pre-dawn line. Spent maybe 5 hrs standing outside in the elements, snowing a bit today as well. I was done by about 10:30 AM. I would estimate we had at least 120 to 130 folks in line at 9AM. At the regional office, they could service 4 customers and one pay station. It was reasonably efficient. Due to previous disappointments with the computer system we had folks from OR and NV as well as lot of WA state hunters and plenty of ID residents buying a tag for an out of state hunting buddy. Also don't forget about the Outfitters. I might be wrong, but I think their tags come out of the NR quotas as well. Hope this helps fill in some of blanks for those of you with questions. I know many of you live too far away to drive over like I was able to. Hang in and hope you were able to get your tag today.

I would also comment and say thanks to the rangers and admin types who are working at the Panhandle Regional Office and were instrumental in getting our tags all squared away with minimal fuss. They made it as easy as possible, answered all of the newb questions, etc and always with smile.

Last edited:

ez_willie

WKR
I got to the Panhandle region office about 5:45 AM as I live in Spokane WA. There were folks that been camping out there for 2 days. I was #94 in the line. Maybe 5 hrs standing outside in the elements, snowing a bit today as well. I was done by about 10:30 AM. I would estimate we had at least 120 to 130 folks in line at 9AM. At the regional office, they could service 4 customers and one pay station. It was reasonably efficient. Due to previous disappointments with the computer system we had folks from OR and NV as well as lot of WA state hunters and plenty of ID residents buying a tag for an out of state hunting buddy. Also don't forget about the Outfitters. I might be wrong, but I think their tags come out of the NR quotas as well. Hope this helps fill in some of blanks for those of you with questions. I know many of you live too far away to drive over like I was able to. Hang in and hope you were able to get your tag today.

I would also comment and say thanks to the rangers and admin types who are working at the Panhandle Regional Office and were instrumental in getting our tags all squared away with minimal fuss. They made it as easy as possible, answered all of the newb questions, etc and always with smile.
Thanks for the update. Might as well cancel online completely and do in person only. Because once people see the stats of online vs in person that’s basically what happened this year. Brant licensing wasn’t lying, they streamlined it and made them clicks go a lot faster this year on the computer system.

IdahoBeav

WKR
The regional offices are the absolute worst places to go for capped tag sales. They always have the largest crowds.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

It's basically a live and interactive draw, a draw where every applicant will waste most of his day.

So, you can either waste your time with ID's stand in virtual line or waste your time playing the points game somewhere else?

Reminds me of the old Mangavox commercials "Smart. Very smart".