24+ Hour Drive Road Snacks?

Carr5vols

WKR
Dont snack during drive cause i dont snack during day. I always get the late night shift driving. 2am until whenever. Largest cup of truck stop crushed ice usually gets me about 3 to 4 hours down the road then i flip radio stations guessing the artist. Gets the brain thinking and awake.

Daniel15

FNG
What are some good suggestions for road snacks/drinks. Also any suggestions on things to keep you going at night with less sugar?

I try and still drink my 100oz of water during my day long drive west. Best way to combat altitude sickness is hydration.

My staples are sour gummy worms. BRCC can cold brew. Which are both loaded with sugar.
Hard to beat jerky and those reign energy drinks ain’t bad if you can stand the caffeine. But no sugar

Lowg08

WKR
A friend of mine is a truck driver. While I don’t have great snack advice. He did say an ol trucker trick to shaking off the sleepy was a canned Pepsi and a snickers. I now use that on late nights of working power outages

Wifes homemade oatmeal cookies and bottled un-sweet tea, and a tin of timber wolfe mint snuff. With a good audio book on the radio thingy,

Maki35

WKR
I have a soft cooler for my long trips.
I usually take a couple bottles of water, redbull, gum, crackers, trail mix and a P&J sandwich.

My road trip diet is pretty rough… Energy drinks, hostess mini doughnuts, beef jerky, and Copenhagen. Maybe a burger or breakfast sandwich if there’s a Jack in the Box right off the highways. Minimal water intake cause I don’t want to stop other than for gas.

I haven't been a fan of energy drinks since I got an ulcer from drinking too many Four Loko's back in the day. Water and a little Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi does me just fine.

On long trips, I carry nothing but pepperoni sticks, cashews, almonds, and a can of wintergreen Skoal. Stuff high in protein and fat will give better and more stable energy than sugary stuff. I'm not a doctor though so that's purely my opinion.

Trial153

WKR
Now your talkin. My wife was gonna grab some groceries for upcoming elk/ mule deer trip. Told her to make sure and throw in some peppers. Just canned a bunch of Hungarian hots . Oil/ vinegar, garlic oregano , spices. Those things are the bomb on a piece of provolone cheese or anything else for that matter

Hell yea, that’s some good stuff right there.

idcuda

WKR
Fried potatoes, eggs and pickled hot peppers on good Italian bread or maybe a hard roll for breakfast.

Mortadella, Hot Suppressata, prosciutto and provolone, roasted pepper, shredded lettuce and a little bit of raw onions with a splash of oil and vinegar for a late lunch ….

Coffee, Swedish Fish , smoked almonds, and Diet Coke as snacks… A loaf of bread made with prosciutto and cheese.

Stop for dinner or do a drive through …
Dude, did we just become best friends?

What are some good suggestions for road snacks/drinks. Also any suggestions on things to keep you going at night with less sugar?

I try and still drink my 100oz of water during my day long drive west. Best way to combat altitude sickness is hydration.

My staples are sour gummy worms. BRCC can cold brew. Which are both loaded with sugar.
Red Bull and perfect bars, haha

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Be warned: crazy ahead.

For me it's less about what I heat than it is about how I eat.

We make 800-1,000 mile drives pretty regularly as a family. For example, I'll make a breakfast sandwich the night before the drive. I'll take a bite, and then I'll wait 5 minutes before my next bite. I increment my bites by 1 minute until I get to, say, 12 minutes. And then I'll decrement back to five and repeat until I've consumed whatever it is that I'm eating.

That breakfast sandwich might take me two hours to eat. Between that and a supply of audiobooks, hundreds of miles can roll by almost unnoticed.