24+ Hour Drive Road Snacks?

robtattoo

WKR
Apples & carrots for me. I get really badly bloated if I'm driving more that 14 hours & fruit keeps my sugar & hydration levels up, without having to eat crap.
Road snacks are reeeally tough when you can't eat gluten.

Wintergreen nicotine pouches are always on the go.

I try and eat about the same thing on a trip as I eat at home. No point in shocking my digestive system and nutrition. Except I tend to eat a few simple sandwiches on a road trip. Whole wheat bread, cheese and turkey is my go to But I might also have a roast beef for bologna in there. I like tomato and lettuce as well as the next guy but I find they get a little sloppy in the truck. I pre make a day or twos worth and hold off on the condiments until i eat the sandwich.

I put the condiments in a ziplok for easy access in my food cooler. The sandwiches I cut in half and wrap both halves in foil and load those into a ziplok for easy access and no hassle eating. I toss a few apples and nanners in there. Don't be surprised if a jar of dill pickles gets in there as well. Im not really a snacker and prefer to snack on a half a sandwich rather than traditional snacks.

I will stop at a rest area or when I get gas and grab a sandwich out of the food cooler and put on some mayo or mustard and transfer it to my small cooler I keep in the truck.

This works better for my system than snacking. I tend to eat at mom and pop places rather than fast food if I decide to stop. And leftover sandwiches get ate at camp or on the hunt.

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Beef Jerky, and Sunflower seeds.

Another vote for these two.

98% of everything in the convenience store is seriousLy bad for you, and will make you constipated. I have shifted to Jerky products and black coffee (get yourself a high quality thermos and coffee will last two hours or more). I also find that some sort of trail mix (mostly nuts and raisins) is more satisfying than all that filling station junk food.

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
Water with a blueberry RedBull in there somewhere. I also make some breakfast burritos that get wrapped in foil. Make a stop and put one on top of the engine. Next time you stop, its ready to eat.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
I've learned to really pay attention to what I'm ingesting on a road trip, especially if I want to get moving right away when I arrive. Constant snacking on gas station crap out of boredom means I arrive feeling bloated and lethargic.

I pack my meals before I leave, and try to keep it similar to what I normally eat. I also give myself an extra couple hours in case I want to nap, and to get out and move around a little.

Haribo sugar free gummy bears
For those who don't know, the sweetener in sugar-free gummies can cause gastric distress in some people. Over indulging can make it severe.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
I switched from coffee/tea/monster/redbull to caffeine pills split into quarters or caffeine gum. Alot more controllable without major ups and downs. And you don't have to pee as much.

Jmort1754

WKR
Another vote for sunflower seeds. I keep a few different flavors of the Spitz under the seat and they will keep me awake unlike anything else. Another option is a big bag of Wintergreen mints. You can overdo it on the mints and burn your tongue eventually, but just having something in your mouth helps you focus.
Tell that to my sig other

Yooper

WKR
Boiled ham and cabbage dinner and Taco Bell before you hit the road. Guaranteed to ride at least 1000 miles with the windows down.

JD Jones

WKR
Today it was homemade trail mix with pumpkin seeds, sunflower, apples cranberries and granola washed down w coffee, Turkey cheddar wrap for lunch on the tailgate at a random side road, water and a nutter butter …

I Keep it simple. I like chinooks seeds as well but didn’t pack em this trip.