$2500 Western rifle, what?

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
i mean if someone was handing me $2500, let's go with Sako. that's just a way more expensive tikka.
good thing i don't have $2500 and Sako's selection of LH rifles is worse than tikka....

and in 6.5x55, because it's an expensive Sako and it should be in 6.5 swede.

PNWGATOR

WKR
What are you looking for? $2500 western rifle isn’t enough of a description. What distance? What game?

That said, the easy button would be picking up the phone and talking with Jake at Unknown Munitions and have him put together a Tikka in a RokStok.

Lotta .224, 6mm and 6.5 bullets to build around based on what you want the bullet to do.

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Just over your budget but Seekins Havak Element in 6.5 creedmoor would be my one and done rifle in that price range. 6.5PRC Element if you want something other than a creedmoor.

idahodave

WKR
Havak element by a goodly margin and in 6 Creed if I’m picking.

The trigger “weakness” really isn’t,…unless you’re trying real hard to MAKE it fail.

But heck, it’s the internet so everyone is an “operator” and you never know when you might need to do a scuba deployment from a submarine in the Bearing Sea and dispatch a polar bear.

Last edited:

rootacres

WKR
The boringly reliable answer is a tikka in your flavor. I don't own one but know several people that do. Can't go wrong.

That said, with a $2500 budget, you could do an Origin action (or a tikka), a Rok Stock, steel barrel of your choice and a triggertech trigger for sub $2500.