$2500 Western rifle, what?

atmat

WKR
Seekins are awesome for off the shelf guns if you’re cool with an R700 trigger.

But for $2500 you could customize a cheaper rifle exactly the way you want it.

I’d buy a Tikka stainless lite, cut/thread to your desired length, lighten the trigger pull, and put a stock of your choosing. Then you still have another $1k to buy a new suppressor.

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
The poors are using Ruger Americans. I have one.
I have one as well. It shoots better than me. Then i got tikka, fell in love on rokslide, and in debt thanks to an amateur reloading habit, suppressors and gear that will outlive me

Elite

WKR
Used Browning X-Bolt and a decent scope. Under $1500 and take your wife on a short weekend $1000 trip for brownie points.

OR

For $1250 you can have something like this complete setup in 7mm-08. Should last a lifetime and has next to 0 recoil surprisingly with 139 grain bullets.....

View attachment 651742

Do you have a break in it? My 7mm-08 has noticeable recoil in my 5.5 lb gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Why a short action with tikka? You don’t save Any weight

A long action cartridge isn't necessary and likely detrimental to proficiency. I believe one could do all the things they would want to do with a 6.5creed, but there's no meaningful difference between that and the other short action offerings in that rifle.

Maybe I should have further specified short action standard bolt face...

Nosler 21 in 280 ai or 6.5 CM. Checked a few out this weekend and the fit and finish is excellent, I’m sure they will shoot stuff dead.

Or a Tikka shooting TMKs. You’ll save on the rifle and on therapy bills as you will never run short of confirmation bias from the hive mind to make your heart glow.

Do you have a break in it? My 7mm-08 has noticeable recoil in my 5.5 lb gun

I only made it to shot #2 and then had to pull the plug on shooting because that vx3 wouldn’t adjust vertically.

As far as break in goes:
My plan was to shoot a couple boxes of hornady American whitetail bullets (139gr) through the gun. Cleaning between shots while getting scope adjusted and shooting for “groups/fun”

I’m not a barrel break in nazi. Never have been.

I’ll take those 40 brass , bump the shoulders back .003 and reload them on a ladder test and see what shoots. Then call it a day cause I’m a 400 yard and in kind of guy anyhow.

The gun has almost 0 recoil with the muzzle break installed.

I recently answered this very question for myself. Ended up with a Seekins PH2 in 7PRC. The element is similar but lighter, shorter barrel, and more expensive. Either Seekin’s rifle would serve you well and are in your price range. I chose the PH2 because I actually wanted the extra weigh for recoil reduction, longer barrel for speed, and lower cost to afford a Swarovski scope.
Exact reasons I went PH2 as well, except for the scope.

bmart2622

WKR
I recently answered this very question for myself. Ended up with a Seekins PH2 in 7PRC. The element is similar but lighter, shorter barrel, and more expensive. Either Seekin’s rifle would serve you well and are in your price range. I chose the PH2 because I actually wanted the extra weigh for recoil reduction, longer barrel for speed, and lower cost to afford a Swarovski scope.
Have you shot it yet?

Dennis

WKR
Tikka are good rifles, add a good scope 20 oz or less. As for caliber I like the 300 Winchester Magnum or 30-06 as my all around choice when elk are in the mix at unknown ranges and angles. Good luck

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have not, waiting for the scope. But have a friend with PH2 in both 7PRC and 300PRC and he raves about them both. Unlike me he can afford to shoot any rifle he wants and these are his favorites. Granted this is now third hand information
I shot this havak element today. It’s now got an SWFA 3-9 instead of the trijicon on it and I was shooting it with my ultra 7 rather than the banish 30z. It’s an excellent shooter.

Attachments

• IMG_6411.jpeg
    IMG_6411.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 52