4 fletch vs. 3 fletch

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Your missing the point. If you are shooting a surprise shot you are giving your brain control to move the pin back to the dot as the shaft is traveling down the rest.
I'm out.......I'm a command shooter.......all the time, every time. :) I've never really noticed any difference at LR between the two vane setups.

Wrench

WKR
I like 4 because I stump shoot a lot. Vanes draw my eye....and when I foul a vane, I can cut it off....or two and still be able to shoot.

Zac

WKR
I'm out.......I'm a command shooter.......all the time, every time. :) I've never really noticed any difference at LR between the two vane setups.
Yeah man it's in the weeds stuff, can't say I could tell the difference either. I just nerd out on science stuff.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like 4 because I stump shoot a lot. Vanes draw my eye....and when I foul a vane, I can cut it off....or two and still be able to shoot.
I was shooting a 3D shoot a few years ago and on the first target someone shot one of my 2" QS vanes off my #1 arrow. So I put it back in the quiver and used another arrow to finish the first 20 targets. I wasn't shooting well and knew I was out of the running after that part of the round, so I shot the second half with my original arrow with 2 vanes. I shot 6 up on that half with that arrow. Apparently I was getting vane contact with that positioned vane that got shot off. Without that contact, I shot a lot better. And with just FP's, an arrow with only two vanes will still shoot very well. (y) Of course I've also shot bare shafts at some targets in a shoot just for the heck of it. If they can't see my vanes, they can't intentionally shoot at my arrow.