45” wide Utah non-typical

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
That’s the actual real antlers. They have a way of removing the velvet, making replicas from the actual hard horns, then putting the real velvet back onto a replica set… so you are left with your actual hard horns and your actual velvet but on a replica.
That’s awesome! I’ve never killed a velvet buck. Double Trophy!!!

Geewhiz

WKR
That’s the actual real antlers. They have a way of removing the velvet, making replicas from the actual hard horns, then putting the real velvet back onto a replica set… so you are left with your actual hard horns and your actual velvet but on a replica.
Crazy seeing the same buck in velvet and hard horned side by side. That’s wild they can do that, never heard of it.

I've seen a picture of this buck on another "muledeer" forum. I recall it was guided by Wade Lemon Hunting which I also think has had some legal issues. They killed another huge buck that was posted.
Wow! Hunter must have read all the ”Legend’s” books! Stole his damn hat too!😜

I believe the controversy came from allegations that there were more than 2 paid guides (Wade Lemon) in their camp (Utah law). I believe the Utah DWR investigated those claims. I’m guessing nothing substantial came from it if the deer is now getting posted and showed off finally. The deer is unreal, was lucky enough to see it at the hunt expo last weekend. Congrats to the hunter.

Wyoboy321

FNG
What a monster! I don't know if I could keep it together with a buck like that in my sights.

Who is "they"? Which taxidermist did you use? Haven't heard of that before but would be neat

Congratulations on an absolute monster buck! The double mount is pretty incredible.
Are we going to get the story?

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome Mount. What’s up with the buck below???
Looks like a replica maybe. It might be the original, maybe the velvet didn’t preserve right and they scraped it to do a replica with the velvet. I’m probably wrong on it.