6.5 creed or 6mm for coyotes?

CatManDo

FNG
I switch between my 6.5CM and my 6ARC depending upon how much weight I have to carry in the field. Both are Boss.

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
My 6 BR has proved to be a great coyote round out to big distance but if I had to do it again I'd run a 6 XC or 6 Creed to run a shorter barrel. I'm currently running a 105 berger at 2900 fps from a 26" barrel.

Tbone26

FNG
I have been running a 6 creed with factory 87 grain Vmax in gas gun for 2 years now. It can be hard on fur but very effective.

gethuntin

WKR
I switch between my 6.5CM and my 6ARC depending upon how much weight I have to carry in the field. Both are Boss.
Same here. If i need a little more range or have to buck the wind i take the 6.5 if its a little closer quarters under 400 i take the arc.

My friend started with a 6.5 shooting 95 grain vmax. It did fine but for longer shots a 243 or 6 creed with a 70-90 grain bullet shoots flatter. We are all switched over to 243 or 6 creed in my group of friends.

jmannila

FNG
If you're not making your mom a fur coat, why wouldn't you use a 6.5. You can take all sorts of stuff with it. The 6 seems very ltd use? Idk

xsn10s

WKR
I don't know why anyone would opt for a 6.5 for coyotes, unless that's all you got.
I don't save the pelts, I just want them down. I hunt them to help out the ranchers and farmers in my area. If I was saving the pelts then that would be a different story. (260 AI)

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I don't save the pelts, I just want them down. I hunt them to help out the ranchers and farmers in my area. If I was saving the pelts then that would be a different story. (260 AI)
That's all I have done for the last 13 years. I have quite a few large ranches I do coyote control for. I use a 6mm variant a lot when fur isn't worth anything. I've never felt the need to use anything larger than that, but that's my personal preference.

xsn10s

WKR
That's all I have done for the last 13 years. I have quite a few large ranches I do coyote control for. I use a 6mm variant a lot when fur isn't worth anything. I've never felt the need to use anything larger than that, but that's my personal preference.
Nothing wrong with that. If I had a 243 Win still I might use that also. My 260 AI is accurate so I leave that for extended ranges. My AR15 for close to mid ranges. I even want to test out my 7mm RM for those that I spot past 900 yards.