6.5 Ruger Precision Tactical

OP
mfllood3800
I hydro dipped one of my AR's and that included dipping the brake. So far the clear has held up on it with the carbon spraying out and me cleaning it. It even held up the carbon removal fluids I use in cleaning. But it is multi colored, where this is just desert tan, so time will tell. It was cold in the shop, but I had heater on, so the paint/clear are still gassing. I will have to wait few days to shoot.
fd96904d80e1171262ebdcca17edd85b.jpg

OP
mfllood3800
I couldn't wait to shoot this and test the brake and lighter trigger. Weather was just great today. Turned out the paint was plenty hard so all was good.
I got there and met another guy with a M&P 308 who was trying to figure out why when the last round would come up the gun would not cycle. He did a few mods incl adj gas, brake, springs etc. I am not a tech guy but he had a pretty sweet set up until the last round's turn got the call to cycle up.

He said, "I had one of those RPR's and traded it for this 308. "
I replied, " I went into get a 308 and ended up with this Ruger.
We laughed- he was a good dude.

Made a friend at the Range.

Anyway- I was able to get the rifle confirmed out to 650 on a milk jug, and that was the furthest I could shoot at the local range.
Now I have to move to the 1000 yard hill.

When I first set up I verify my zero and the 2 changes I did , had no effect on the POI at all. Even removing scope for painting of the pic, didn't change it a bit.

I do not have a chrono, but based on an APP I have and where I am at zero and what the MOA is at 650- it says I am at 2972.
54a365b0ea0d568222151f43d7bd3574.jpg
1129ab7d0e032fc66dc00c484a064646.jpg

OP
mfllood3800
Dude.....you need to get out the Sharpie.....

and paint the rest of yer mags.
Ha ha
The black on yours looks awesome
But I can't totally copy it
Lol

I do need to paint up 3 more mags, but I ran out of paint

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can't copy it? OK, go ahead and copy all the other lazy painters with no attention to detail.....grin

That black mag sticking out, looks like somebody at the beach whose flip-flops don't match their sharts.... Ask yer wife. I bet SHE is into matching accesories. HA!

OP
mfllood3800
Can't copy it? OK, go ahead and copy all the other lazy painters with no attention to detail.....grin

That black mag sticking out, looks like somebody at the beach whose flip-flops don't match their sharts.... Ask yer wife. I bet SHE is into matching accesories. HA!

HaHa
I told her I was painting it, she was like, ok what ever... she doesn't care.
lol
I don't have a decorators eye, but when I see something it's like "heck ya"
I saw a bunch of these on line really similar- it is a popular scheme.

The Mags do need to be painted though I agree 100%.

I wrapped my dope card over that part of the stock and it goes right down to the ruger name, doesn't cover it, but sits right above it.

I gotta figure how to get scope caps on this. The rear will be easy, but the front is pretty close, will probably fit side ways.
I wish NF had the screw in type like Leupold does.